Video Game: Cyberpunk 2077 for Language Learners

Hello All,

First this has no use on LingQ itself, so if you’re not a gamer apologies but not much use here.

Anyways, figured I’d share this really innovative way to learn a language through the video game Cyberpunk 2077 that I’ve been using for the last week.

The game is available in full-audio for over 10 languages (most Western and Eastern languages).

And thanks to the mod I will link below, you can now use a “pause” feature that effectively freezes the screen and dialogue giving you time to read the subtitles and lookup unknown words.

For me, this has replaced my leisure time with even more language input.

Mod link:

3 Likes

Yeah. I’ve done this with a few games, most notably “Far Cry 6” which is set in a sort of alternate reality version of Cuba. So I set it to Spanish, and started learning as I played. Unfortunately, my Spanish is not quite good enough, so I kinda got frustrated with how often I had to stop it to read the subtitles. But for people who are at CEFR B1 or B2, it’s a great way to learn.

If only there were games set in Germany - my German is good enough for it to work - but I have yet to find a game that I like that’s set there.

1 Like

Cyberpunk is offered with full German text and audio! The setting is definitely not Germany though haha

1 Like

Cyberpunk 2077 has emerged as an unexpected gem for language learners, offering a richly immersive experience that transcends mere gaming.

2 Likes