Victims of persecution

I don’t know if I’m the only one who feels so, but - in my opinion - the German translation from “followers” into “Verfolgte” (victims of persecution) sounds a bit strange.
It gives the impression, that all my friends turned out to be terrorists on the wanted list or something like that ;).

1 Like

Yes, I think the ‘friends’ were more exactly, more ‘friendly’.
‘Followers’ even in English can have both positive and negative sense like ‘followers in the commitment of the crime’.
But this term is accepted now in social nets, so I consider that it’s better to translate into German as before “Freunde”.
By the way, the direct translation ‘followers’ into Russian “последователи” sounds also a bit strange and cause a lot of questions: In what? why? etc.

I agree. In my opinion “Verfolgte” is a very strange translation for “followers”! Normally one would translate “followers” as “Anhänger” or “Fans”, I think. But in this context “Freunde” would probably be better, as Evgueny says?

(But “Verfolgte”? That’s weird!)

Ich habe die Übersetzung geändert. Beim nächsten Update der Sprachdatei sollte es geändert sein. Bitte schreibt ins deutsche Forum, wenn Euch etwas an der Übersetzung auffällt. Dann kann ich es ändern.

Manchmal ist es allerdings schwierig, die entsprechende Stelle zu finden bzw. ein Wort wird auf mehreren Seiten verwendet mit unterschiedlicher Bedeutung. Beispielsweise wird “Cancel” manchmal im Sinne von “abbrechen” und manchmal im Sinne von “stornieren” verwendet und der Support versteht nicht, dass wir da feiner differenzieren und das eigentlich zweimal benötigen, damit es klar ist, was gemeint ist.

Thanks for your responses, esp. to Vera for trying to adjust the German translation.
I know such imprecise translations are rather insignificant, but - in the long run - I possibly tend to suffer from persecution mania one day, with all those prosecuted persons (including me) on this website. :slight_smile: