Hey guys, Yesterday North Sprung (Head of Content at LingQ) came on the livestream to discuss Youtube videos.
- How to import youtube videos into LingQ
- How to find youtube videos with manual captions in your target language
- A sneak-peak at LingQ 5.0
You can watch the replay here: Learning a Language with Youtube + LingQ - YouTube
If you haven’t yet, make sure to download the LingQ importer extension for your preferred browser…
- Chrome: LingQ Importer - Chrome Web Store
- Safari: Get the LingQ Importer - Safari extension!
- Firefox (this mozilla page is currently down. Sorry. we are working on fixing this): Get the LingQ Importer - Firefox extension!
- Edge: LingQ Importer - Microsoft Edge Addons
Resources for finding Youtube videos with manual captions in your target language:
- https://youglish.com/ Also check out the LingQ community forum for more tips & resources: https://www.lingq.com/community/forum
Some other tips:
- Try to find videos with manually-generated captions.
- Creating separate Youtube account(s) for your target language(s) can help recruit the algorithm to suggest new videos
Join a 90-Day Challenge here: LingQ Challenges