Using the so-called "refugee crisis" to learn new languages or improve your existing knowledge of languages

By the way, Roberto, how many of these people have, or will have, regular access to the internet? It might be possible to convince Mark and co to let them use LingQ for German/English learning.

Good idea! Was there any success in connecting Robertā€™s students to Lingq yet? I donā€™t think theyā€™ll get a free pass just like that, but maybe we can organize an exchange, involving premium membership and/or pay, in exchange for them improving and expanding the Arabic library. Just like Steve hired Romanians for content production, or a bit like this project https://natakallam.com . If Robertā€™s Arab students and friends are available and interested, and Don Roberto himself has some time before or after Jordan, Iā€™d have a little project idea.

I will try and talk to my students, right now Iā€™m on a vacation and am not holding any classes (but I can, of course, contact them via FB etc.). Internet connections are not always available and if they have access to the Internet it is mostly not the best. But I will try and figure out if I can use my account for example from any of their connections.

I have already done some minor projects with them for my own learning process (asked them to read texts which I could not find any recordings for or re-recording texts whose orginal recordings I did not like etc.) Right now Iā€™m on a short vacation and next week Iā€™ll go to another conference. It will be difficult for me to organise something before I fly to Jordan, but after my stay there I should have more time. Btw, Iā€™ll also be going to the polyglot conference in Thessaloniki in October. Anybody here going there, too? Thanks for the natakallam-Link, sounds really interesting.

Good, sounds like it would work. Iā€™ll write a post. There is no hurry! After Jordan or anytime is great. Iā€™d love to finally make it to a conference, but unfortunately I will have zero free days in October. I wouldā€™ve gone gladly :confused:

I think, so long as there is a somewhat reliable connection, it doesnā€™t need to be fast.