Using a tablet for LingQ

If I want to use LingQ on a tablet, do I have to use the mobile app or can I also use the desktop version (which I would prefer)?

1 Like

You can use the desktop version, but the mobile app will give you a better user experience on mobile devices in my opinion. Especially if you are using iOS.

5 Likes

I’m on an Android tablet and use both the app and website depending on what I’m doing. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks to both of you (SeoulMate, BassmasterJJ) :heart: :heart:

1 Like

I bought a Boox note air 2 (no screen glare) and set it up to work well with LingQ.

• I’m using Firefox (app shortcuts don’t work [Lingq, please fix it.].
  • I set up a 12 key external keyboard for macros/ keystrokes and a cable so I can go to teh next page in sentence mode, translate and hear audio from one key press. This should be in the app as a button and on a shortcut by default [Lingq, please fix it.].
  • A logitech G604 mouse can work but the software (GHUB) is poor. An alternative, onboard memory manager is OK for simple shortcuts).
  • screen settings need to be optimises as does DPI and broswer accessibility zooming.
    So lots of set up hassle but then is works. I read 4,500 words yesterday without screen glare.