Tutor profile visibility

Good day, I have two questions: (1) I completed my English tutor profile yesterday. What is the procedure now? When will it become visible? When I do a search for my name nothing doesn’t come up. (2) I notice that the same set of tutors always appears by default when I click Tutors. Is there no rotation so that everyone has high visibility at least some of the time? Thanks. Nigel

I can’t see you listed on the tutors page. Are you sure you added all the necessary details in your tutoring profile? Including booking time in calendar?

Thanks Zoran. If you look at my profile, you’ll see that I have completed everything. I didn’t get the impression there was a special tutor profile, it seems to be part of one’s member profile.

You have to choose your teaching languages on the Settings page, Profile tab (Login - LingQ). You will find “TUTORING SETTINGS” part on that page.
If you want to host conversations, you should input available conversation time in your calendar on the same page, as well as your rates for both conversations and writing corrections.
Part of being a successful tutor also involves creating lessons or being active on the Ask a tutor forum so that learners start to learn who you are.
Click here to learn more about tutoring on LingQ: Tutoring
Be sure to let us know if you have any additional questions. Good luck!

Thanks Zoran, It was just the teaching language that was missing.
My other question was, what determines which tutors are visible in the initial listing when you click on the “Tutors” tab? The ones that pop up for English include even a “test profile”, which suggests we ignore it! That means it takes space from another person who might be offering genuine teaching.

1 Like

You are now listed as English tutor. Good job!
Most active tutors are listed on the top. Part of being a successful tutor also involves creating lessons or being active on the Ask a tutor forum so that learners start to learn who you are and start scheduling a conversations with you.