Tutor getting lost from writing submissions

There seems to be a bug in the submit writing section. If a student chooses a tutor to correct their writing, the system generates an e-mail for that tutor (as it should). If the student opens up their submitted writing again, the tutor name can get lost so that the tutor can’t see the writing to correct it. The student then needs to go back into the writing again to select the tutor name again, before it can be corrected.

I don’t think it’s possible for a student to open up their writing once it has been submitted. The only thing a student should be able to do is to click on the title and choose a new corrector.

I think she just opened it up to read it again and in the process lost the tutor name.

Hi Mark, it was me. I couldn’t open the writing but I could select it. That’s what I did. I wanted to check who is the corrector. The problem is that you cannot see to which tutor the writing is submitted. I tried to close the window without changing the tutor. I don’t know what I exactly did. But the writing dissapeared from Helens list and I had to submit it again to her.

Hi Vera,

I have tried to make the tutor disappear but I am not able. It would be nice if the selected corrector was identified when you click on the writing and we may try to add that at some point. However, if you just cancel the popup, the original corrector does not seem to be removed. Let me know if this happens again.

Incidentally, we will be adding a reports page where you will be able to see all of your writing and conversation reports and see who the tutor/corrector is and the report’s status. This should be available soon.

Thank you Mark. I think this will help a lot to check if everything is alright.