Trump vs. ISIS. What now?

I suppose we’ve become kind of hardened to the horror stories about these sickening barbaric thugs from ISIS.

The latest reports say that two captured Turkish soldiers (presumably themselves Muslims?) have been slowly burned alive:

I’ll be honest - I am kind of hoping that Trump and Putin will now turn unlimited firepower (yes, including tactical nuclear weapons if necessary) against these barbaric creatures. They have to be totally destroyed.

It’s crazy, but, this is not new…they’ve been burning christians, ‘bad’ muslims , gays for the last 3 years. Even though its hard to understand, its all part of their “marketing” in this disturbing way of spreading fear and danger.

I dont know if someone here knows or reads, Thedore Dalrymple, but take a look on what he wrote:

" But is there any harm in lighting candles in the immediate aftermath of a massacre? It adds very little to global warming, and so Gaia is not much harmed. We express ourselves thereby, and self-expression is an unmitigated good, as failure to express ourselves is an unmitigated harm.
It would be difficult to prove it, but I imagine that all those candles are an encouragement to the very kind of people who commit the massacres that are the occasion for the exhibition. We cut their throats, or drive trucks into them; they light candles. They are not morally superior, as they like to think they are; on the contrary, they are feeble, weak, soft, enervated, vulnerable, defenseless, cowardly, whimpering, decadent. Against such people, we are bound to win; and it won’t even take long. "

link to the full article: Like a Candle In Berlin | City Journal

The big question is, If ISIS get drestroyed , terrorism will dissapear or will just be in another hands?

1 Like

Prinz of May wrote:
“I’ll be honest - I am kind of hoping that Trump and Putin will now turn unlimited firepower (yes, including tactical nuclear weapons if necessary) against these barbaric creatures. They have to be totally destroyed.”

What an interesting opinion Prinz of May has! Terrorists seek prey; they don’t need weapons of mass destruction because what they intend to arouse is “terror”. He seems to have fallen prey to terrorism.

You can kill terrorists, but you cannot eradicate their ideas by killing them.

“You can kill a person, but it will take ages to kill an Ideology.”
http://preventwmd.org/counter-terrorism-with-non-violence/

2 Likes

He hasn’t fallen a prey to the terrorists by any means yutaka, however he is tired of seeing world leaders fail or refuse to counter act to the actions of the terrorists. Yutaka, you fail to realize that Russia’s tactic on ISIS is quite effective and the terrorists are fleeing and or surrending to Russian and Syrian troops. What has the U.S. done to ISIS? Obama armed and labeled them as rebels, which turned out they aren’t rebels after all.

“I’ll be honest - I am kind of hoping that Trump and Putin will now turn unlimited firepower (yes, including tactical nuclear weapons if necessary) against these barbaric creatures. They have to be totally destroyed.”

I see what you did there.

It has less to do about Leaders refusing to counter ISIS and more to do with leaders refusing to stop flooding the region with arms, bombs, and drones for control over Oil pipelines.

1 Like

I think this sums up Trump’s plan. https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15665542_1553222504694081_5885194673069000114_n.jpg?oh=0f931fd625de369f0a1d39a2f2f52be0&oe=58ECC607

1 Like

“…I see what you did there…”

Historically speaking, human sacrifices have never been a sign that a society is going to survive very long!

Seriously though, if it is ever possible for a group to merit being evaporated in an El Donaldo desert mushroom fireball, then surely ISIS must come close to meeting the criteria?

Dude, have you eaten any potato or corn product today? That’s because the Aztecs TOOK OVER THE WORLD. Human sacrifice ftw.

@Yutaka: “…He seems to have fallen prey to terrorism…”

That’s gibberish, buddy! Right now I am not personally terrified by these thugs as long as they are in some desert a long way away from me. However I do think they are a grave potential danger to the wider world and need to be stopped from establishing any kind of territorial base in the Middle East.

Sure you can’t eradicate an idea through force. One couldn’t eradicate the ideology of Himmler, Goebbels et al through force. But you can push back against it hard when it presents itself as a visible militant entity.

Absolutely not. You could bulldoze every last ISIS stronghold to the ground and another group would come up. The problem is a combination of a Saudi-Iran cold war and mass instability. The most radical terror groups thrive in unstable power vacuums.

I guess you got me there! :slight_smile:

It isn’t gibberish. It isn’t the whole picture by any means… but geopolitical interests are a big piece of the puzzle.

“…He seems to have fallen prey to terrorism…”

This is what I mean. And it is (to put it kindly) gibberish.

Saying that ISIS needs to be destroyed doesn’t make me “fall prey” to anything!

I mean, what are we supposed to do here, drink tea and smile inscrutably while these vile thugs burn and rape the Middle East!? :-0

“This is what I mean. And it is (to put it kindly) gibberish.”

don’t put it kindly. Tell me why I am wrong. Explain to me how geopolitical influences and resource control doesn’t play a role in the chaos that breeds extremist groups. Explain to me why that is “gibberish”. Key phrase being “play a role”.

I wasn’t replying to your comment.

I was replying to Yutaka’s comment.

My mistake

The only reason our governments are able to do such atrocities is because we let them, because we love to live in the lap of luxury instead of coming back to the basics. Why do we need oil? Is it to produce more worthless inanimate objects or to cause more damage to our wondrous ecosystems all in the name of the elites who wish hoard the world’s wealth?

If you really want to know, ask yourself “what would the oligarchs do?”