Transliteration differences on web and app

I´m studying Japanese. I´ve gotten used to sorting words that i know but can not read due to kanji in “(4) Learned”, and words that i can read the Kanji for in “(:heavy_check_mark:) Known”. Reason for this is that in “(4) Learned”, the Transliteration used to be still visible on mobile app, but “(:heavy_check_mark:) Known” hides transliteration.

Has there been a deliberate change to this? Now neither (4) or (:heavy_check_mark:) shows transliteration. This change affects how i read japanese big time.

775DAE75-97F1-4B1D-83B4-BF34C846D77B_1_105_c

On lingq Web i can see in settings that i can choose to show transliterations on stange (4) and (:heavy_check_mark:). Why is this setting not on the app?

Skjermbilde 2024-07-25 kl. 20.58.40

1 Like

Yes, by default we show transliteration for LingQs with status 1-3 only. On the web and Android, there is an option to disable this.
I’ll check with our iOS developers if that settings option is coming to IOS app anytime soon too.

2 Likes

Thank you. Last week status 4 showed on iOS. Don’t know if it was intentional to suddenly remove it

1 Like

@thwedum yes, we made that change to match how it works on the website and android.

1 Like