Translation Glitch in Greek

FYI: had some issues with translations in Greek. Translations weren’t even wrong, they were completely unrelated to the text in question. I double checked by pasting the Greek sentences into Google Translate to see if GT was faulty. Nope. Google Translate gave the correct translations.

1 Like

Are you using the ‘show translation’ in the lesson menu to generate a translation? These complete translations use GPT and sometimes can get strange results.

I suspect if you swap translation source to deepl or google and do sentence mode show translation you will get better results.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion! But I only use Google Translate in the settings, which is why I was a bit confused by the poor translation glitch. It has happened with some Hebrew translations as well…

1 Like

Thanks, we will look into this.

2 Likes

To help out the LingQ team, it might be useful to have a “report translation” button to let you know if a translation has gone off the rails. Some languages are better than others. In my experience, Hebrew and Greek seem to give the translation system some trouble.

1 Like

Today’s lesson where the Greek translation was garbage:

Also the audio generation is taking forever! The wheel just spins and spins and the audio never seems to get generated…

1 Like