To all french speaking people!

I would like to watch some french speaking youtubers to see what is popular in french, canadian, haitian pop culture, I would appreciate it very much if you could give me recommendations!

Movie recommendations too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, languagelearner893!

This isn’t a Youtube channel, but a podcast:

Maybe this is interesting for you.

Thank you darling :wink:

1 Like

+1
I’m looking for good (easy to understand) French movies too.

Hi, katemiddle1!

In this case, I recommend “Netflix” (for movies and shows) in conjunction with the “LingQ extension” (for Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari) and / or the Chrome extension “Language Learning With Netflix” (LLN)::

• You can use the LingQ extension to import the subtitles of the episodes of the movies / shows you’re interested in into LingQ.
  • You can slow down the speed of the Netflix videos.
  • You can use LLN: Language Reactor - Chrome Web Store
  • And here are a few Netflix suggestions by Jahrine (from the LingQ team) for (low) intermediate learners of French: Learn French in a Year: My Top 3 French TV Shows on Netflix - YouTube
  • If you’re interested in comedy, you should check out “Au Service de la France” on Netflix. It’s a spy comedy drama set during the Cold War.

With the combo “Netflix + LingQ extension + LLN” you can also tackle movies / TV series that are normally too advanced for you - provided that you’re willing to watch these videos more than once.

Have fun
Peter

1 Like

Zoltan, par exemple, parle aussi parfois du cinéma français.

Mais au lieu de Youtube, vous pouvez consulter les podcasts de France Culture. Par exemple:

Le “problème” avec beaucoup de vidéos français de Youtube ou ces podcasts est le suivant: En général, ils ne se concentrent pas exclusivement sur la culture française parce que c’est un sujet trop restreint dans un monde globalisé.

Bonne journée
Pierre

3 Likes

I really appreciate your suggestion, thank you! I liked the list of shows Jahrine has chosen, I like crime thrillers, detective stories … so I think it’s a nice selection.

1 Like

Je recommande ces deux films en particulier :

• Le fabuleux destin d’AmĂ©lie Poulain (top notch)
  • Plaire, aimer et courir vite

Et c’est tout ce qui me vient pour le moment… On ne peut pas dire que le cinéma français soit au top de sa forme… mais au moins ces deux films sont une valeur sure ! :slight_smile:

EDIT : AH ! Niveau série y en a une récente vraiment bien :

• Le bureau des lĂ©gendes

Et il y a aussi un cartoon de mon enfance que je me reregarde en ce moment :

• Code Lyoko

And some music : ParadisVEVO - YouTube

2 Likes