Time stamps in Slovene

Is anybody else doing Slovene? I havn’t been doing any since last year and have just come back to it. I remember having trouble last time with generating time stamps and having to (OK. choosing to) spend hours attach start and stop times individually for each sentence. It appears to still be the same with no ‘Generate Time Stamps’ in edit. I tried uploading something new and it was the same. None automatically generated and nowhere to click to force them? Is this just the thing with Slovene now?

I’m not doing Slovene but tested this case anyway.

If you upload audio files for transcription you will get automatic timestamps.


Generating timestamps for the lesson via API just returns an error so this may be why the button is missing. Given that Whisper handles timestamps and public packages are available it seems more an oversight than a technical limitation.

Thanks. I don’t often do this. I nearly always have transcripts for my audio and I upload them at the same time. Although I have tried doing the transcript first and then adding to audio to see if it makes any difference. It doesn’t. I’ll try what you did and see what happens. Cheers.

I wouldn’t say no to a reply from anyone who is involved with the technical running of Lingq.

@blotski I asked our team to check this and will get back to you as soon as I hear back from them.

Any word on this yet?

@blotski No updates yet, sorry. I’ll check this again and get back to you hopefully within next day or two.

@blotski I checked this further with our development team, and generating timestamps is not supported for Slovenian. So the absence of the “Generate timestamps” button in the Lesson Editor for the Slovenian language is not a bug.

OK, thank you. Maybe sometime in the future?

@blotski Maybe this workaround could be useful — add an audio file and use the “Generate automatic transcript” option. In this case, the text will be generated automatically with timestamps.