This website is magnificent!

A few weeks ago I was googling language blogs to help me learn French. I found The Linguist blog and from there found LingQ.

I’ve only been on here five minutes and I’m amazed! What an incredible resource!

I’ve wanted to learn a new language ever since I was a child. When I was ten I had to drop out of school when I became severely ill with a chronic medical condition. I’m 22 now and I’m still mostly stuck in the house and unable to work or get a “proper” education due to my illness. (It’s a “medically unexplained” condition, so there’s no help or treatment unfortunately.)

I can see how a website like this would help anyone learn a language, but for people like me who are too ill to learn away from home… I’m so excited I’ve found it!

I won’t be keeping this place to myself for long, that’s for sure. I know a lot of very ill people who really want to learn, and I’ll definitely link them to LingQ.

The internet at its best :slight_smile:

Welcome to LingQ - it’ll change your world!

Thanks for the kind words, Papillon! And, we’re always happy when our members refer their friends. :slight_smile: Good luck with your French!

Hello I would like to improve my English and my brother-in law he is a member of this site and he gave me the info, and I am amazed about this website.

This site is wonderful and brings a lot to us to reach our goals! It has done a lot to me, to say the least.
Welcome here, Papillon! I wish that you will reach your goal in French. I’m one of the French tutors here at LingQ and I wish you all the best :slight_smile:
Marianne.

Good luck, Florecita! I’m glad you like the site.

Thank you for the kind words. We are working to improve it. In the end it is our members and everything the bring to the site that will make it a success. This is a space for people to learn, to help each other learn, and to meet people with common interests, especially a common interest in languages.