The importance of creating new lingQ's

I joined lingq less than 2 weeks ago as a free member and to be honest it wasn’t that great with the limit of 20 lingq’s. I’ve looked at soo many different language learning systems, courses and blog sites and find Lingq to be the best so far. I’ve tried flash cards but I have a horrible memory and they make me feel dumb lol. Once I upgraded less than a week ago i went on a lingqing binge and have created over 2000 lingq’s. I’m taking the 90 day challenge seriously and plan on having all the targets met on every bar.

I’m sure this has been mentioned up teen times before but I find reading different stuff in context much more efficient than doing flash cards. I was doing them on here for a while but they took up so much time as my memory sucks. I keep coming over the same words and just move them up a level as I get to know it better. I’m surprised I haven’t heard of lingq much before as a great language learning tool.

There is NO comparison to it with the other learning systems out there to me, " the squeaky wheel gets the most grease" is true with advertising stuff, I guess, as I don’t remember seeing much of it being advertised. I read Benny Lewis’s review on Lingq and thought he didn’t give it the respect it deserves. A free account sucks compared to upgrading one. Its $10 a month, the amount I spend at one trip to Mcdonalds. I’m thankful for all the people that put in the time for creating lessons, in my case German, which I seem to be understanding at a rapid rate IMO due to making so many lingq’s along with reading and listening to the lessons.

One final note, I really seem to notice my comprehension going up fast as I’ve been doing it daily rather than I have in the past learned a bunch and stopped for a month and learned again with some course. I’ve heard it many times before but there is nothing like experiencing it for yourself.

@nate81 - thank you very much for such a great inspiring feedback! Best of luck with your language!

Thank you Nate for sharing your impression on LingQ. I agree that LingQ gives you a quite different experience than other websites. I too have found it the system that suites my interests and way of learning much more than any other language learning website.

I’ll continue providing lessons for German :wink:

Good luck learning languages here on LingQ.

Thanks for these comments Nate. Yes it is amazing what organized input based learning can do for you. And creating lots and lots of LingQs, and staying on the task consistently deliver great results at first in comprehension and then even in your output ability.

I see you are working on German. We have a great library of content there, thanks in large part to Vera’s efforts. I would love to go there and bring up the level of my German, but I am always involved in yet another language.