Tagging again

I have started to talk more now in Russian, with my two tutors, Tana and Rasana. This has made me more interested in improving my speaking accuracy.

I am finding that tagging for Gender and Case is really helpful. I can look at all my Genitive cases, or all of my Masculine words. I usually do the phrase editing in the vocab section. I often add the second tag there as well. I find it especially helpful to review and touch up the words and phrases that I have most recently saved.

I find that the act of fiddling with these save words helps me to notice the cases when I hear them or read them.

What are other people doing?

Now that the amount of my LingQs starts to increase I am realizing that I did a terrible mistake. I was saving the words without tagging them and now I regret it. I want to go back and put tags to all of them but I have to think a system first.

Firstly I want to have tags with each letter of the alphabet - I am not sure how useful will that be but for some reason I want it.
“Expressions”, “Frequent words”, “Perfective”, “Imperfective”, “Motion verbs” and something which I really want is to have roots so I can tag words which contain a particular root.
Later I will start considering the Cases and preposition use. And finally I might tag words which start with the same prefix.

When I was a complete beginner in Japanese, I tagged words by letters (row “a”, row “sa”, row “na”, etc.) and alphabet (hiragana/katakana), as my main goal was to learn kana. When I reviewed this words I checked only the reading of this words, not the meaning. When I started to write and speak with my tutor, I began to use other tags, but I tag only new or relingqed words. It seems, every week I “invent” my new tagging system, but I never “retag” my old lingqs, if I do not stumble upon it again.

We intend to allow users to delete Tags but that is not possible now, so be careful before deciding what to Tag for. I have a lot of useless Tags in my system.

ktm

You can always tag in the Vocab section. One day we will allow batch tagging. But is also in the future, when we have the programming time.

Now, when I want to delete some tag, I filter lingqs by this tag, watch them, and if nothing special for me - just delete them all. At least I did this, when completed the stage of learning kana.

Yes, what Cakypa says about deleting all of the the tags of one kind, to get rid of that tag works. I did that once but it took awhile.