SyntaxError

This message is unusually appearing very frequently:

SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0 Please check your Internet connection and visit our Twitter feed for system status updates.

4 Likes

When exactly that message appear? Are you doing anything specific on the site when it happens?

1 Like

it was happening when i selected another meaning, or created a new one, or changed the status of a word. But now it is behaving normally again.

2 Likes

I receive this message often. More than likely something I’ve accidentally done on my end knowing me.

I get this by using the shortcut keys “b” or “Right arrow” or clicking on the new blue words. The blue word will flicker as yellow and then return to being blue again. Not all blue words in a lesson do this, only some. I also received this error sometimes by trying to save a phrase from yellow words, changing the known level status of a yellow word, rarely by trying to type something into the extra info box and rarely by other means.

After I click “ok” on the error box it will also block out me using the “1, 2, 3, 4, known” keys, via the on-screen UI or the hotkeys.

The way to mostly get around this is to add anything to the save meaning box, adding your own definition, and then you can successfully use the “1, 2, 3, 4, known” UI buttons on most occasions (not always).

If this error is keeping your unknown blue words blue then another tip is to keep going back to the start of the lesson and keep clicking “b” and keep pressing “ok” on the error boxes throughout the entire lesson and then repeating this from the beginning again and again.

I find that every other pass you will successfully save one or two words out of the many that are giving errors. Repeat this until they all successfully save as yellow.

I also suggest coming back to the lesson / Lingq and trying these steps at a later time. Brute forcing it at that moment doesn’t always work but giving it a few minutes sometimes helps.

Hope that helps anyone that has a similar issue. =)

P.S. today with this problem I was later getting the "Error 502
Ray ID: 7314938c9f1e71b6 • 2022-07-27 10:08:53 UTC

1 Like

We had an issue on the site earlier today, but everything is back to normal now.

I just started getting the same error: SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0 Please check your Internet connection and visit our Twitter feed for system status updates.

Does anyone know how to fix this? It seems to happen when I try to create a Lingq.

It should be fixed actually. Do you see the same problem still now? If so, can you try to clear the cache and let me know if it still happens?

I still seem to get the error quite often, anything I can do about this?

I am still getting this error and just opened the site a couple minutes ago.

It’s still happening. It’s not happening with every word, but it is happening. I’ve cleared history and cache - logged out and logged back in.

1 Like

Everything seems to be working now. Thank you!

1 Like

Seems to be fixed for me now too. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks Zoran, we appreciate all the work the team puts in every day. I can’t imagine how complex all this is to create and keep running.

Cheers

1 Like