I will outline what I did this evening…
Checked number of plays between app and website before leaving work - they matched. Closed web site - didn’t log out, closed browser window and closed app on iPod.
I went offline with iPod - no wi-fi. I used created playlists to listen to courses. I played two courses lesson by lesson and two courses from beginning by pressing play on first lesson in playlist.
I wrote down the starting number from each lesson and checked to ensure the number incremented after each play - no issue. Once I completed listening, I wrote down my ending number of plays.
Got home and logged into my account on web site. Checked number of plays prior to performing a refresh from iPod. Numbers matched my starting numbers I had before leaving work.
Opened app on iPod and performed a refresh of courses by pulling down from top at main screen. App showed refreshing courses. I checked a few lessons in the courses I played - no update. I refreshed course again - no update on website.
I went into one of the courses I played (where all the lessons are listed) performed a refresh of the lessons. The website numbers didn’t update but app numbers did update. The app played numbers were reset to what the website has. I checked my written numbers from earlier and they matched.
From what I can see, the refresh/sync is only going one way - website to app.
Interesting - I went to update the number of plays to meet what I wrote down. I went into a course and located a lesson I listened to and pressed the plus button to increment number - the number went from 5 to 11. The number eleven is one play over what I wrote down on lesson. I went into two other courses and located played lessons and same thing happened. When I pressed the plus sign the number incremented to one play above what I wrote down (i.e., I wrote down 6 plays, hit plus number went to 7 plays). I tested with five lessons, same result.
I also logged out of website and logged back in prior to testing on additional courses. Thought maybe my account needed a refresh.
The courses I am using are imported courses.
I adjusted the number plays to match what I wrote down earlier and attempted a refresh courses from app. The number of plays didn’t update until I went into each course I played and refreshed (loading lessons). Now the app matches the website.