Skype username

I wonder how to make my Skype name invisible on my profile page.
There used to be a switch where you can choose an appropriate setting from the list of the different statuses. (Shown to: Tutors/Students only, Friends only, any members, …)
I am not going to give any lessons, so I don’t want my Skype name shown on my profile page.

Interested in being a LingQ Tutor? Make sure to add a profile image and bio explaining who you are. Add a video about yourself for your prospective students. Then, select the language you want to tutor and input your rate for conversations and writing correction. Leave rates blank to not appear in results.

• Tutoring Languages📷Language
  • *Conversation RateRegular$/hour5 Lesson Discount%10 Lesson Discount%
  • *Correction Ratecents/word
    *Leave rate blank to not offer those services

On this section of my profile page, all the numbers are set NOT TO BLANK BUT TO ZERO. No tutoring language is selected. I do not have myself set as tutor on LingQ.

So I cannot understand why I received the following reply: “Do you have yourself set as tutor on LingQ? Skype names should show up on tutors profiles only.”

• Full Name
  • Time Zone
  • Skype Name
  • Native Language
    In my profile page there is no switch related to the openness of my page to other members. I think this is very unusual. Our full, real names on our profile page were being shown to everyone for about 48 hours last week. (If you want to know how your profile page appears to others, you have to ask someone else to tell you about it.)

In addition, I can neither delete nor change the Skype name on the page. This issue does not seem specific to my profile page.

I am looking forward to the reply from the people who are responsible for the site.
I don’t think this is a minor issue.

2 Likes

Are they too busy to answer my question?

For the time being, you can change your Skype name to “ask-me”.

1 Like

Thank you, TroisRoyaumes.
I changed my Skype name and it worked!

I have mentioned LingQ does not allow having a comma sign “,” in the skype username. But my wife has.
She wanted to give some tutoring sessions but gave up.

Is the “,” used after the surname like “Austen, Jane”?
How about this?
AUSTEN_Jane

Japan’s finance minister is Taro Aso, but in Japanese we usually write our names in the order of surnames first and given names second, that is, “Aso Taro”. We feel that given names first and surnames second is strange. We sometimes use the comma between the two names to show that the “first” name is not his/her given name when we write his/her name in Romaji in the order of surnames first and given names second.

“Asō argues that embracing Japanese pop culture can be an important step to cultivating ties with other countries, hoping that manga will act as a bridge to the world. He is referred to as an otaku. … Aso caused a stir in June 2018 when he boasted that the large support towards the LDP among voters under 35 in the 2017 general election was due to the demographics being illiterate about the news and current affairs.”–Wikipedia

The username may look like something123_anyway456, it’s just a username, not an official name in a passport.