Size of photo for covers?

What are the pixel dimensions for the JPG used for course and lesson covers? Is there some kind of manual somewhere for this sort of information?

1 Like

The proportion should be 16:9, at a minimum 1600px by 900px at 72dpis.

2 Likes

That’s a really good question. When it comes to course and lesson covers, it’s generally recommended to use images with dimensions around 1200 pixels wide by 675 pixels tall. However, different platforms may have slightly different specifications, so it’s a good idea to double-check their guidelines for the most accurate information.
And hey, if you’re looking to optimize your JPEG images for faster loading times or better performance, you might want to give compress jpeg a try. It’s a handy tool that can help reduce file sizes without compromising image quality.

1 Like

I’ve tried resizing images to theoretically fit into the expected size and it always seems that the picture gets cropped/zoomed etc to the size that Lingq decides with 5.0. On the old LingQ I seem to remember that we could adjust where the cropping basically happens on the picture. Most of the cover pictures I’ve used just end up having title/author cut off.