Routines for language exams and academic studies

Hello everyone , I am looking for advice on productive and efficient routines aimed at increasing language skills in the following languages ;
US ENGLISH
SPANISH
FRENCH
I’m interested in American accents actually , so for English I obviously opt for the US accent , , for Spanish I would opt for the accent most used in the US ( I’ve been told that in Miami they speak a lot of Spanish and and the Miami Spanish accent , is considered sexy ) and for French I’m interested in the French-Canadian accent .

I am a B1/ B2 in English but I understand C1 texts and enough C2 texts as well .

As I think you can imagine , I am interested in moving to the US for career , academic studies .

I would like a routine that does not lead me after 6 months to say " it does not work " .
I have heard differing opinions about flashcards or Anki and Quizlet ( on languages )
Or better up to A2 level might be fine .
But in English I want to go beyond C2 . I want to make a career and not have difficulty in dialogue or listening to videos or movies .

I am using lingq premium ,Chat GPT plus and maybe I will use italki and Elsa speaking .

Some people speak very well of Lingoda and Camly or Grammarly premium but not if they are just rumors .

The thing is I need something to follow during the week so I can see progress .

I think it is important to point this out too ; among my goals are C2 exams in English and Spanish , B2 in French , IETLS and TOEFL exams .

As well as preparing myself for the US entertainment world , Hollywood , film and television production and everything related to the study of Hollywood acting , screenwriting , directing , filmmaker’s work and other topics such as history , geography , culture , expressions and slang in the US .

I was advised to use these topics to stymie languages and thought of importing the magazines in this area to LingQ .

What do you advise me to do to achieve these goals ?

I thank you !!!

1 Like

I’d recommend you check out the first post on Peter’s profile, titled:
“My language learning approaches (2024) using Audio Reader SW, generative AIs, SRS, etc.”

LingQ User Profile: PeterBormann

That post is golden IMO, with the approach that I would favor most for my next language. The “Ultra-reading while listening” really sped up my progress in Spanish, over the past 6 months.

FYI, you used the word “stymie” (to prevent / hinder / interfere with the progress of) when I think you meant to use something like “stimulate”. I’m not being critical, but as a clearly ambitious language learner, I thought you would appreciate the feedback.

1 Like

@hiptothehop Thank you very much for the correction, I have to avoid writing in a hurry lol haha

I will read the post and update it in the coming days.

Out of curiosity how many words did you total on LingQ in Spanish?

1 Like

Here’s my stat sheet. :slight_smile:

Words read and hours listened are the more important stats IMO. I’ve read about a million words since November, and 1.4 million in the past year, more than the three prior years. Not the fastest, but I get a lot of free vocab and grammar reading while listening (RWL in the referenced post), especially coming from English.

If you are taking the CEFR tests, you’ll want to do some output practice, and some study specifically for the tests, in addition to the input.

Good luck.

1 Like

I thank you and congratulate you.
Efforts always pay off and I can tell you are passionate about languages.

However, I am beginning to apply what I read in that post we talked about

2 Likes