[Request] - Create Lingqs based on word variations | Verb conjugations | Gender | Plurals |

It would be hellpfull to add an option when creating a Lingq to automatically create other Lingqs based on word variations.

Eg. in French (the language I’m currently learning):

Verb Conjugations:
if I’m reading a text and encounter the word “suis”, which is the verb “to be” conjugated in the first person of present indicative tense, and I click to create a Lingq of that word I could have the option to also create all the conjugations in all tenses of the verb “Être”.

If I’m reading a text and encounter the word “beau”, which is the masculine form in french of the word “beautiful”, and I click to create a Lingqs of that word I could have an option to also create it’s feminine form “belle”.

Plurals
If I’m reading a text and encounter the word “beau” which means “beautiful”, and I click to create a Lingqs of that word I could have an option to also create os it’s plural form “beaux” and also the plural form of it’s feminine form “belle”

I find it really diificult when i’m reading a text and I encounter a variation of a word that I already have created/want to create.

It’s shouldn’t be a default option, users could choose if want to create Lingqs of related words.

Thanks

1 Like

I believe the limitation is around which words relate to which lesson. If you’ve never seen the 20 variations of this word before, which lesson do you have a source, what phrase do you use for the caption?

This data would need to be collected from somewhere, some changes to the way LingQs are saved, lessons are made… not sure exactly.

With an external tool I could see this as an option. Nobody has made it yet though.

Yes, that would save a lot of time.
I had requested to add our own vocabulary database inside our chosen dictionaries, because if we have already searched for a term, we could just easily copy/paste from it. But to immediately connect those family words would be helpful as well.

1 Like

Right now you already can create Lingqs not using any text source. and the phrase will be “”:
later when you come across with tha word in the same/another lesson you can update the meaning and phrase if you want to.

I’ve tought of something like that:

Where I’ve created a Lingq of the words Était and Belle. So it will be yellow, but all the word variations (Plural, Conjugation, Gender, etc) will be highlighted in purple for example. That way, I can easily identify if I have encountered a variation of that word in the same/another lesson.

3 Likes

That would be great, and when clicking on the purple word, you could have highlighted the definitions already entered and eventually copy/paste them with one click.
(This is sci-fi).

1 Like