Random switch from Polish to Japanese

Hi folks,

Whilst creating a (private) course for Polish, LingQ somehow switched language from Polish to Japanese when I was trying to add a lesson.

I’ve checked through all the lessons in the course and the language for all of them is set to Polish, but when I view the course in my library, it still switches the language to Japanese.

I can’t seem to find an overall language setting for the course (as opposed to individual lessons), so don’t know how to fix this.

Has anyone got any idea what’s going on here or know how to fix?


Whenever I add a lesson to a course, the default target language is Japanese. Started happening this week. It has been reported and others are reporting it as well.

1 Like

Not just me then! Thanks for letting me know :slight_smile:

LingQ developer @LingQlearner has acknowledged the issue in another thread already. A fixed version of the website will be rolled out to users next week (I presume on Monday).
I am given to understand that LingQ development is currently hampered by an unstable power power supply (blackouts / brownouts) in Ukraine, where the LingQ development is primarily located.


That’s very strange. We will look into it and try to figure out what’s going on.

1 Like

Fix is available on production, could you please give it another try. Thanks!


All fixed now - many thanks! :slight_smile: