Statistics is one of the most important motivational factors here at LingQ. As I started to pay more attention to it, there appeared some questions and irregularities.
I’d appreciate if someone from LingQ team could address them.
- Why are there two different statistics sources? “Last week” (7 days) on the right seems to be not equal to “Last 7 days” on the left. “Words of Reading” and the other numbers don’t match. Please describe how exactly both options work.
- The main statistics screen is not available in the app. It would be helpful to have one, as it seems more dynamic.
- The “Last three months” option on the web version shows the same numbers as “Last two months” in the app. It’s clearly a bug, and a very old one.
- If I re-read some text, the “Words Read” value does not increase. Was it done by design, or is it just a bug? In my opinion, reading for the second time should be considered a valid trackable activity.
- What does CHANGE exactly mean? Please explain, what is being compared to what.
- The “Lessons Published” count: if set to “Last 7 days” it says I’ve published 345 lessons during this period, and 322 lessons previously 345-23. I import a lot, but nothing close to that. Is this a bug? Or do I get it wrong?
- As for the number of Lessons Shared, it is even crazier. Please, explain.
- And, finally, there is a minor bug in the “Daily Goal” section: here it shows 5:16 hrs, but before midnight it’ll show something like 43 hrs. It should automatically change to minutes.
Windows Chrome screenshots:
Screenshot Monday 21 apr 2021 07:35 GMT:
(Words Read values expected to be the same)
Android app screenshot (“The last two months”):