Question about the LingQ System

Hello everyone!

First off, I’d like to make it clear that I’m aware that Czech and Slovak are mutually intelligable, which is sort of why I’m asking this question.

Could I import Slovak text and be able to (successfully) use LingQ Czech? I have been trying to learn Slovak for a long time, but there are hardly any online resources as useful as I find LingQ.

I ask this because my family heritage is Slovak, and I go to school with a girl from Slovakia. I often have a good amount of time to speak with her every day. She is happy to speak with me in Slovak, but I know very little.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help :slight_smile:

I have never tried it. I was recently in Slovakia and was able to read all the signs and able to understand much of what people said. I spoke to people in Czech and they answered in Slovak. I would even suggest you use some of the content in our library, and also study your imported texts. The statistics will be a little strange but that need not matter.

1 Like

Thanks for the response Steve! I think I’ll do that! I imported some text, and most of the words were recognized by the system. The ones that aren’t, I could always look up in my dictionary. Thanks again!