Question about levels - new to LingQ

Hi,
I am completely new to LingQ. I am learning italian by myself, and have been for about 6 months now. That is 6 months before joining LingQ…

When I registered, I was asked what was my level in italian. Since I really don’t know, I went ahead an put “beginner”.

I have rush through some of the lessons, and I am now at 1000 known words. Maybe this qualifies already as intermediate, but I am still not sure what my level is, and how to proceed through the lessons…

Does LingQ keep track of my level or do I have to do that? How do I know?

Are there tutorials for new users of LingQ?

My goal is to be able to reach conversational italian by october, and I would like to adjust my study time to do that, but I am a bit confused on what I need to do.

Thanks for any advice!

Hello! Welcome to LingQ.
Each level has a Known Words target. When you reach the target you move to the next level. When you move to the next level your avatar grows. You can check how many Known words you need to reach different level at LingQ here: Avatar Help

I suggest you to watch the Help Videos on our YouTube channel, that’s best possible and visible explanation on how to use the site:

You should also look at the Help page: Help

The general idea is that you want to get rid of the blue words on the lesson page and create LingQs (yellow words) for the words you don’t understand or want to learn better. When you click on a blue word you see different hints for that word in the dashboard on the right-hand side of the page. Choose one of the hints or check the dictionary to create your own hint. You can also tell us if you know the word already or you may sometimes want to ignore the word and not include it in your stats.

1 Like

Thanks!