Problems with Spacing in Korean

I have encountered a problem with Korean on LingQ. When you save phrases and then review them as flashcards the spaces between the words disappear. Has anyone else had this problem?

I guess this has something to do with the system that works for Japanese where spaces are taken out between words. Perhaps there’s an easy way this can be fixed?

I have not had this problem. I am also very tolerant of imperfections and uncertainties of all kinds. I am having a ball learning Korean, especially listening to Talk to Me in Korean.

I might suggest that you only save words, and rely on the captured phrase, which you can edit, to help you with phrases.

We are going to introduce more and more languages and I do not think we can spend a lot of time dealing with the idiosyncracies of each language. We just have to take what we can from the system. One day in the future we will look at optimizing for each language.

"I might suggest that you only save words, and rely on the captured phrase, which you can edit, to help you with phrases.

We are going to introduce more and more languages and I do not think we can spend a lot of time dealing with the idiosyncracies of each language. We just have to take what we can from the system. One day in the future we will look at optimizing for each language."

Out of curiosity, Does this mean Mark won’t be fixing the lingqing of korean sentences/multiple words? An option that works in the other languages? Just curious =). JJmountains problem might be related to what I’ve bumped into.

Anything that works in other languages should word in Korean, or be made to work.

If there are specific problems that only arise in Korean it will probably be a while before we can deal with them.

Hi Everyone,

I am the person in charge of setting up and maintaining Korean at lingq.com. I am learning Korean myself, and I’d like to assure you that I’ll look into all issues you and I encounter and make sure Korean is as usable as the other languages we support. We have identified the problem with lingqing phrases and sentences in Korean, and we are currently testing the fix. You may expect the issue to be resolved in a very short time. Thank you for reporting the problem. Keep the feedback coming!

That is great Boris. Let us know when the fix is loaded on to the main server. Thanks.

Great news. Thanks Borris. I’d like to add that it’s not an issue that bothers me, but I can see how it could be very annoying for beginners who do not know particles very well and do not automatically know where one word finishes and the next begins.

In the meantime, you can probably just think of it as practice for text messaging in Korean :wink:

LingQing phrases in Korean should be working correctly now. Let us know if you encounter any other problems.

@jjmountain,
Can you clarify what you mean by words not being clearly separated?

I’ve made a bunch of new LingQs with multiple words and they all work like a charm. REALLY happy to have this working!!! thanks

try refreshing the page to see if phrase is still highlighted

try refreshing the page to see if phrase is still highlighted

Hey steve, Yeah already tried it a bunch of times. Went out of lessons and came back to it . Everythigns working great!
Not working for you ?