Private Lessons Import Limit Reached

Mark wrote:
“What you seem to be misunderstanding is…”

No misunderstanding here, I just thought that Vera’s 6-months membership isn’t that easy to achieve, deliberate hoarding or not.

And as for “your motivation in earning points is not to use them on the site”, that’s not true at all.

I did not have as much time as I wanted to participate in conversations.
I didn’t want book “any” conversation just to make sure I spent my points.
I seldom found suitable times (I don’t remember having seen the request button back then, it’s fairly new, right?)
Some of the times when I booked a conversation and found out that I REALLY had to postpone it, it was a real hassle getting that to work even though the member has loads of available slots (after quite some email correspondance with the support team I eventually got them to cancel the yet “unused” conversation)

And so on.

I know this isn’t the thread about expiring points.

I also know that I’m not the only one who have found issues that I’m not too happy with.

The program in question has already been mentioned previously by someone else on our Forum. If I understand you correctly you are the author of this program. I do not think it is appropriate for people to promote their own systems or products on our forum There are many other places on the Internet to promote your product.

LingQ members, and even we ourselves, have in the past mentioned programs, such as Rhinospike, or Anki, which we feel can help other learners. But this has not been done by people connected with these products, to the best of my knowledge.

If you do not delete this post, as only you can do, we will be left with no choice but to delete your account, as this is the only way to delete the post without deleting the whole thread, which we would rather not do.

@jeff - Most people are happy using their points and have no problems canceling and rescheduling. The only restriction is that you can’t cancel less than 24 hours in advance because tutors make plans to be there. Otherwise, you are free to cancel and sign up for a different time as much as you want. Even within 24 hours, you can normally contact your tutor and make alternate arrangements. Most tutors are very accommodating.

@edoreld

Does lwt have an Android app?

(“Competition fosters innovation” HAHAHA)

@Rolan

Why not just sign up for basic membership?

(60 Canadian dollars for 6 months of membership isn’t really so very expensive, is it?)

@edoreld

Forgive me if I consider lwt more of a clone than an innovation.

I have looked at the specs of lwt. It is a rip of LingQ…

I am just clarifying why I thought the “innovation” remark was funny in this context.

I wonder if “edoreld” is really Benny the Irish Polyglot…?

Could he be hape’s evil twin?

@Rank: I’ve once spoken with Benny and once with edoreld. They are two persons.

@hape

(As long as I tease you, I like you.)

The joke was an in-joke, as your work seems to be closely linked to the Fi3m website, as described on his profile.

@Vera

That’s fair enough, I guess :wink:

It is not nonsense, if you were to read my words carefully : your work seems… and, as I said, it was written jokingly.

Touché…!

so the contents of this link is false?

http://tinyurl.com/6dhb633

I had not read this thread in German but I never thought hape was behind LWT. Nor is Benny, in my view, although Benny may be very happy to help promote it.

hape is often critical, but we don’t mind and we do listen. We listen to all complaints, and sometimes the greatest contributors to LingQ are also the sharpest critics. We listen and we appreciate these comments and we are influenced by them. I should add that Vera is often critical and has contributed mountains of valuable lessons and notes to LingQ and worked to promote LingQ. I also greatly appreciate alleray’s contributions. We have a great community, and every one comes with their own personality. That is what makes it great. LingQ is much more than this or that function. It is a learning environment and a community.

BTW hape contributed a lot of lessons to LingQ at one point, but unfortunately chose to remove them. :frowning:

As to edoreld, I cannot imagine going into a shoe store “A” and putting up a sign saying “come to shoe store “B” down the road, where the shoes are the same style as here but cheaper.” I think the owner of store “A” would ask that person to leave. Just common sense.

LWT is certainly not the main competition that LingQ faces in the language learning market, not even the main competition we face on the Internet. Of course we need to stay ahead of the competition, and we endeavour to do so, working to improve all the time.

@Steve: I’m so critical because I really love LingQ, and I want to become it the best place for language learning. And I hope that I always critize in a constructive way. You know I do my best to promote LingQ (my blogs, my facebook page for German learners, my Youtube channel, the polyglot project etc.) I try to help in many different ways, for example, I translate the German surface and the help. And it is usually up-to-date.

I know that Vera, and if at times it seems that we do not respond as quickly as you would like, it does not mean we are not listening. Not every solution we choose is exactly the way you would like, but you can be sure that you have influenced our evolution greatly. Your promotional activity is greatly appreciated, and the high quality of your German lessons and notes is simply astounding. As I said, I wish I were learning German from scratch. Thank you very much.

I think the quality and the speed of the support has improved a lot during the last year, Steve. I’m really satisfied about that.

P.S. That doesn’t mean that you know could lean back and slow down :wink: