Point discount

I’ve just purchased some points and saw that now I get a 60% discount instead of 50% like before. That’s great but it means that the premium plus option for $39 a month doesn’t make sense anymore. When I have a premium account and purchase 3,000 points, I only pay $34 altogether …

@nuriayasmin70 - We currently have a promotion running where all users get an additional 20% off points. This special price only lasts until Saturday, so be sure to stock up on points before the price goes back up!

I just bought an extra 2000 points to top up my monthly allocation. To be honest it’s shocking how fast I’m burning my way through these little dudes! (I’m wondering whether it wouldn’t have been better to go for premium gold membership? :-0)

One thing that I’ve noticed is that many people on the exchange seem to be offering quite a bit less than the suggested number of points. Also, it seems quite common for points to get spread around between several people - so any given tutor might actually be getting very much less than the official suggested number of points.

I don’t want to be mean with points, but I just wish one could be absolutely clear what the accepted “going rate” is…

Ah, I see. It’s quite a temptation now to buy more points …

@force_de_frappe - As more and more people use the Exchange, the market will set the price for many of these services. If you find that people are correcting a writing for half of what you were going to pay, then you can probably lower the points award. However, if you find that nobody is paying any attention to your request then you may want to up the points award.

The problem is that on the “open” Exchange I’ll never know how many points I’ll get. I remember there was a very long text for correction. I knew it will took you about an hour to correct it because of it’s length. The offered points (1,800 as far as I remember) sounded fine for such a text. But then 3 or 4 members corrected it at the same time, and gave it back at the same time. At least everybody got only a third of the points. You never know what you’ll get …

The problem is that you just don’t know if somebody else has started with the correction yet.

I saw offers that were quite low too.

To point out how much you expect is a good idea. I’ll think about it.

@Vera

I agree. I think it would be a very good idea if tutors would say how many points they want per 100 words of correction.

However, it seems to me that the length of a text isn’t the only factor. If a person who is at beginner-level writes 300 words, then that is probably going to require more corrections than the same number of words written by someone who is at a more advanced level?

(As I say, I’m not complaining about the number of points I’ve used - I’d just like to be absolutely clear what the normal rate for corrections is.)