Phrasal verbs

Hi guys,could anyone give me a list(a short one,because I know that it would be otherwise endless)of the most used phrasal verbs?

You can probably find many such lists by searching the net, though Iā€™ll allow that lists favored by other learners here may have extra value. Anyway, here are a few lists my search turned up. (ā€œTurned upā€ ā€“ thereā€™s one now!)

Thanks khardy Iā€™ll check it out.A couple of days ago I was reading a dialogue between two Americans guys and I immediately went crazy for all those phrasal verbs in a row!I didnā€™t understand almost anything.Moreover i have had a little trouble with all those phrasal verbs that begin with get.I know most people used them a lot and
so they are fairly commons but I was
struggling so much with them.

I had never heard of a phrasal verb until a Portuguese native speaker asked me about them. I guess I use them so often in English that I donā€™t even know what they are.

1 Like

It isnā€™t useful to learn the phrasal verbs from the list and all in a go.
Itā€™s better to learn them gradually, with a lot of examples.
You can find some popular phrasal verbs in my course ā€˜Step by stepā€™,
for example this lesson is USING THE PHRASAL VERBS WITH GIVEā€™:

Or for more advanced learners my course with Richard -PHRASAL VERBS IN USE:

Theyā€™re verbs with a preposition (or sometimes two) after them that alter the meaning. So for example, we have the verb ā€˜to turnā€™, which means one thing, but there are all kinds of phrasal verbs with turn that all mean different things: turn on, turn off, turn around, turn in, turn on etc.

As far as Iā€™m aware, most other languages just donā€™t have this concept and itā€™s difficult for English learners because if you get the preposition wrong, it can completely change the meaning of what youā€™re trying to say and could lead to misunderstandings.