Ordering definitions in the dictionary

Hi all,

Has anyone found a way to order multiple definitions in the reader dictionary?

When I add more than one definition to the dictionary, the newest one goes straight to the top of the list. I am unable to move the definitions up and down to re-arrange them. I want to have the most common definition at the top, then the less used, more colloquial definitions (or even grammar notes) below this.

I am using a PC: MacOS Monterey and Chrome.

PS: I have the same query for re-ordering playlists. I would like to move them up and down to have the easiest material at the top and more difficult material at the bottom of the list.

Thanks.

I don’t think it is possible. I would also like that.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it’s not possible at the moment. It’s a request that has been made several times in the past, but to no avail so far. It seems the team is focused on AI integration at the moment and have almost given up on adding more traditional features.

1 Like

Ah, thanks.

It’s a shame there isn’t a focus on the small practical improvements that make the LingQ experience more seamless and productive.

I totally agree. I have for instance asked them several times to improve the notes function. I would love notes to be displayed in a list like on Kindle, Kobo, etc, but they claim it’s not a priority because not many people use it.

3 Likes