New tutors?

I see under Available Tutors (in my English account) some members whose native language other than English is? (e.g.sadalbertolito or malekdemachkieh). Are they really new tutors or is it a system error?

Anyone can offer to tutor any language. It is up to you to decide who you want to speak with. Some beginners in English may be happy to speak to someone who speaks English but also speaks their own language.

I would appreciate if this would be better announced on the speaking page. Especially new user wouldn’t recognize it, I think. Someone told me he signed up for a conversation with a non native speaker. He didn’t know the level of this persons. The result was that the student spoke better than the tutor. Such things shouldn’t happen.

We will gradually sort all of these problems out. We can all look at the person’s profile and even ask them questions on their wall. I agree we need to explain things better. We will get there.

“He didn’t know the level of this persons. The result was that the student spoke better than the tutor. Such things shouldn’t happen.”

If the student had not spoken better than the tutor, the student might not have noticed the fact, that is, he or she can speak or write better than the “tutor.” If you don’t have perfect information about the commodities or services that you are going to buy, you cannot be a “savvy consumer,” and waste your points on “transaction costs” to get more information about the tutors.

What is TRANSACTION COST?

“To purchase the banana, your costs will be not only the price of the banana itself, but also the energy and effort it requires to find out which of the various banana products you prefer, …; the costs above and beyond the cost of the banana are the transaction costs.”

Let’s try to minimize the transaction cost.

Erratum:
In my first message of this thread, “and waste” should read “and you will waste.”

Hey I am Malekdemachkieh. It’s true that English isn’t my nativr language, but I am fluent in English since i have been talking English since I was 4 years old. So thats is not an error. I am a new English tutor, and I will create soon my own English lessons collection.

native**

That’s great malekdemachkieh, I would sign up for your conversation when you could give me a slot between 9-10 p.m German time.

OK no problem. But can we make between 8-9 German time?

Yes we can! (I’m not Mr.Obama but I’m sure in this point). If I’ll see you avalable to this time I’ll sign up.

ok no problem lol.