New Dictionary Options, Fresh New Look

Hi Mark,
I wonder if leo.dict.org could be added to the Russian dictionaries as it is already part of the French, English, Spanish, Italian, and Chinese dictionaries. That would be a great addition to the Lingvo dictionary.
Another question: Somehow Lingvo and leo don’t always show the chosen word or phrase but just question marks (???). I then have to copy and paste the word into the input box. Could this be a settings issue with the browser or my PC? It works on other computers though.

Ever since I upgraded to IE 8.0. I’ve encountered the ??? (for Google Dictionary).

I have added the Russian dictionary for LEO. I don’t really know why you would be having trouble with those dictionaries but I think it may have to do with sending the Russian characters. They may not always be recognized properly.

Last week I was asked to translate the lyric of a modern song. I imported the text in LingQ and using all the available dictionary still couldn’t translate some colloquial phrases. Then I found help on www.urbandictionary.com. Personally I’m not a big fan of the colloquial language- but perhaps this (English-English) dictionary should also be added? Maybe the other members would need it?

Hi junair,

Good suggestion for those more obscure phrases. I have added it now.

Hello,

For translating from English, German, Italian, Spanish and French to Portuguese, I suggest these dictionaries:

Could you include them?

Thanks

@alleray: about the ???

Try changing browser code page settings (View->Encoding in IE). Usually the ???s are from when an encoding is not set properly and an applet/application cannot recognize the characters and supplies question marks.