Need help to make a book!

Hello! My name is Diana and I’m an illustrator. I currently work on a project of the children book as an author and an illustrator.
I need help to translate my book and run crowdfunding company then. The book is quite short.
The story is about Mr.Fox who has lost his blanket and seeking it at his friends and neighbours homes in the forest.
The text is very simple, just as an addition. And I need native speakers with some writing skills who could improve my translation. I would be happy to get any help. Thank you!
P.S. Some illustrations of my book are below.
P.P.S. You can read the manuscript in comments below also.

3 Likes

I can’t really help you I’m afraid, but I just wanted to say those are absolutely gorgeous illustrations.

1 Like

Hi Diana! I see that you are from Russia. I can check the English translation for you. As miscology said, those illustrations are absolutely beautiful.

1 Like

Renowned graphic designer Irma Boom redefines what it even means to make a book.

Food for thought!

This are a first half of a book, just 10 pages (the whole book includes 22 pages at all). There are only a few sentenses per one page. I need some kind of british color of writing, but it doesn’t matter so much. Primarily the text should be correct and trim. And I hope you can help me with it.
Thanks a lot!

“Where Is My Blanket?”
Pages 1-2
One day, on a cold November evening, Mr. Fox was returning home from his work. All the day he had been busy with different chores and was very tired finally. Mr. Fox was in a great hurry, hoping to lie down into a warm bed very soon, wrap up in his favourite soft blanket, and fall asleep to see wonderful dreams.

Pages 3-4
At last, feeling joyful, Mr. Fox opened the door of his house and, hardly having stepped over the threshold, froze in amazement…
“It cannot be! It’s gone! My blanket is gone!” exclaimed Mr. Fox in unpleasant surprise.
Incredibly, none of the other things had disappeared. It was unthinkable to go to sleep without the beloved soft blanket, and Mr. Fox decided to search it immediately.

Pages 5-6
First, Mr. Fox knocked at the door of his good friend, Mr. Moose, who lived close by.
“I beg your pardon, Mr. Moose, I’ve lost my blanket… do you have it, by any chance?” asked Mr. Fox.
“Good evening, Mr. Fox. Alas, no,” Mr. Moose said regretfully and added: “There’s only my old plaid blanket here.”
“Sorry for bothering you and good night…” Mr. Fox said in a whisper and carefully closed the door behind him.

Pages 7-8
Mrs. Hare also lived nearby. In the search for his blanket, Mr. Fox decided to look into the window of the Hares’ house, hidden in the thicket of a raspberry bush.
“Hello, Mrs. Hare! Have you seen my blanket? I haven’t a clue where it might have gone.”
“Hello, Mr. Fox. Unfortunately, no, I have not seen it,” the Hare shrugged her shoulders. “And why would we need it here? We have a large downy blanket for the whole family.”

Pages 9-10
Mr. Fox went on. Walking past a thick fir grove, he saw the Bear’s lair and decided to look inside. In the dark lair, snoring loudly, Mr. Bear was sleeping, wrapped in a thick quilt. Mr. Fox decided not to wake him up and, not seeing his blanket, left quietly.

And the rest half.

Pages 11-12
Mr. Fox climbed a tall chestnut tree, in which there was a hollow with the cozy apartment of the Squirrel brothers inside. After making sure that the Squirrels are not asleep, Mr. Fox opened the door.
“Hello, Squirrels! Do you know where my blanket is? I just cannot seem to find it.”
“No, we don’t know. It is not here! Why should we have it, if we have our own wonderful blankets.” And the Squirrels showed him their beautiful patterned blankets and exclaimed:
“Do come in, Mr. Fox. Treat yourself to some cocoa with us!”
“Oh, thank you, dear Squirrels, but I must hurry.”

Pages 13-14
Mr. Fox climbed even higher, to the very top of the tree, where Mr. Thrush lived.
"Good evening, Mr. Thrush. Are you still awake? I just wanted to ask… perhaps you know what happened to my blanket? "
“Glad to see you, Mr. Fox. I do not know this. I only have one blanket and it is mine. I’m sorry that I cannot help you…”
Mr. Fox looked sadly at the Thrush’s duvet and, saying goodbye, cautiously began his descent.

Pages 15-16
Mr. Fox hesitated. He did not know where to look next. And then Mr. Fox remembered that he had not visited his friend, the Wolf: “That’s it! Mr. Wolf should know where my blanket is!” Approaching the manor of the Wolf, hidden far in the woods, Mr. Fox looked through the window and saw no one. The Wolf was not at home. Mr. Fox’s beloved blanket was not there, either. Only the crumpled silk blanket of Mr. Wolf was lying casually on the corner of the bed. Mr. Fox sighed sadly and went on.

Pages 17-18
The only place where Mr. Fox had not yet looked was the Mouse’s earth-house. Mr. Fox made his way through the thicket of tall grass and quickly looked through the window of the Mouse’s cozy burrow.
“Hello, Mrs. Mouse! I hope I did not wake you up. Do you, perchance, know where my blanket is?”
“You scared me, Mr. Fox!” squeaked the Mouse. “No, I have not heard anything about your blanket.” Mrs. Mouse shook her head and hid under her own tiny cotton cover.
“Well then… Have a good night!” Mr. Fox replied.
“You too!" could just be heard from under the cover.

Pages 19-20
For a long time Mr. Fox wandered through the dark forest, still searching for his much loved blanket, but he could not find it. Desperate, he decided to return home, where he was in for a big surprise… Mr. Fox opened the door, and saw all his friends gathered at his house! They crowded around his bed, giggling and whispering.
“Hello, Mr. Fox!” they all shouted in unison, noticing him enter. “Each of us has sacrificed a piece of their blankets, and from them we’ve sewn a new beautiful patchwork quilt for you!”
Mr. Fox was delighted! He thanked his friends so much and was so happy with the gift that he forgot all about his old blanket, which he no longer needed.

Page 21
Now Mr. Fox had a new favourite blanket! Because it was so very late, all the animals went to their homes and lay down on their beds. Mr. Fox, having seen out his guests, jumped into his own bed and covered himself with the wonderful new quilt. Mr. Fox slept soundly. Though where the old blanket had gone remained a mystery…

Thats all!

Thank you! I really appreciate your comment. Could you please take a look at the text (I posted it below)? I would be happy to hear some thoughts about.

Hi! Thank you! The text is below. I would be so glad if you could make some adjustments.
And yes, I’m from Russia and my english isn’t well, sorry :slight_smile:

"One day, on a cold November evening, Mr. Fox was returning home from his work. All the day he had been busy with different chores and was very tired finally. Mr. Fox was in a great hurry, hoping to lie down into a warm bed very soon, wrap up in his favourite soft blanket, and fall asleep to see wonderful dreams. "

One cold November evening, Mr. Fox was making his way through the woods. After a long day at work, Mr. Fox was very tired. Mr. Fox shook off the falling leaves and thought of his warm bed waiting at home. He smiled as he imagined wrapping his favorite soft blanket around himself, crawling into his warm bed and dreaming wonderful dreams. Mr. Fox quickened his step in the gathering darkness and hurried to his cottage in the woods with his warm bed and his favorite soft blanket and his wonderful dreams.

1 Like

Wow, sounds so good! It’s perfect! Thank you very much! Can I use this paragraph, don’t you mind? :slight_smile:

I would recommend you to try writing your work here How To Write A Critical Analysis Essay Step By Step - Ca.EduBirdie.com This could also serve you as an income.

Sure. I’m hoping that other members will improve my scribbling, but you’re welcome to it.

“At last, feeling joyful, Mr. Fox opened the door of his house and, hardly having stepped over the threshold, froze in amazement…
“It cannot be! It’s gone! My blanket is gone!” exclaimed Mr. Fox in unpleasant surprise.
Incredibly, none of the other things had disappeared. It was unthinkable to go to sleep without the beloved soft blanket, and Mr. Fox decided to search it immediately.”

Mr. Fox was very happy to finally see his little cottage in the woods. Mr. Fox threw open his heavy wooden door and cried out in surprise. “It can’t be! It’s gone! My soft blanket is gone!” His soft blanket was missing from his nice warm bed. Mr. Fox could never go to sleep without his beloved soft blanket on his nice warm bed and dream his wonderful dreams. “I have to find my soft blanket.”

“First, Mr. Fox knocked at the door of his good friend, Mr. Moose, who lived close by.
“I beg your pardon, Mr. Moose, I’ve lost my blanket… do you have it, by any chance?” asked Mr. Fox.
“Good evening, Mr. Fox. Alas, no,” Mr. Moose said regretfully and added: “There’s only my old plaid blanket here.”
“Sorry for bothering you and good night…” Mr. Fox said in a whisper and carefully closed the door behind him.”

Mr. Fox knocked on the door of his good friend, Mr. Moose.
“Mr. Moose, Mr. Moose, my soft blanket is missing. Have you seen it?”
“Maybe you moooooved it,” said Mr. Moose. “I just have my old plaid blanket here.”
“My soft blanket was on my nice warm bed this morning,” said Mr. Fox.
“Maybe Mrs. Hare has seen your soft blanket,” said Mr. Moose. “Her house is just down the lane.”

1 Like

Excellent! Thank you very much. You are so kind and your rewriting is wonderful!