My F5 key is wearing out!

Fixed. Thanks!

@Gallina: I have on my Laptop software that is using the IE browser just as the Lingq software. I have to check if this Software runs under IE 11. For the moment, I am using Chrome as browser and can work with Lingq without problems. I will keep you informed when I make the update from IE 10 to 11.

@Cosmo678 - sounds good. It is always nice to have an option like Chrome :slight_smile: When make an update, let us know how it goes for you with IE.

At the moment (Saturday at 14:30 Central European Time), every time you edit a LingQ you’ve just made, you can’t create any more lingQs without refreshing the page (using Safari 7.0.4). The box on the right side just stays on that lingQ even if you click another word in the text.

I often edit lingQs to add things to the hint, e.g. if the lingQ, in Spanish, was ‘roja’, with the hint being ‘red’, I would add (f) after red to indicate the feminine form so that when I use flashcards, I know that the term I want to recall is roja and not rojo (the masculine form).

Edit: it actually hangs on the next blue word, not the one just lingQed.

Edit 2: I have found a stopgap solution, which is to hit the 1 link, rather than pressing enter, after making the addition to the hint. This seems to work for now.

I’ve tested with Firefox.

I’ve tested what jungleboy does and it seems to stuck than too with Firefox. I usually don’t use LingQ this way. I always look words up in the dictionary because I do not trust the user hints.

What works is:
In both views (Minimized view / Divided screen) taking given LingQs or looking up in a dictionary and creating new LingQs.

Another strange thing is that the dictionary definition (Babylon) shows an empty window if there is no definition in the dictionary.

Hitting the F5 key a lot today in Chrome. It was working fine on 6/26!

Sorry about that everyone. @jungleboy thanks for figuring out what causes this. We will try to get this fixed as soon as we can.

@jungleboy - Btw, instead of creating the LingQ and then clicking on it again to edit it, have you tried either clicking the edit pencil beside the hint or selecting the hint with shift + enter? This will open up the LingQ widget with that hint selected so you can edit it before proceeding.

@Mark, thanks for the tip, that seems to work. I am a bit ashamed to admit that I never noticed the pencil before, that makes things a lot easier!!

@jungleboy, pmilone - We have fixed those issues with the arrow keys. Hopefully, the page is working properly for you now. Sorry about that.

Tutto a Posto Grazie Mark!

FYI, This problem has re-occurred and becoming more frequent recently.

Thanks for the heads up on this, we’ll take another look and see what we can do to get this fixed!

FYI, It’s the sound not matching up with the text.

I hope it gets fixed soon. I too will need to replace the F5 key :wink:

It’s even more annoying than I thought: the system does not remember correctly the “hide spacing” setting (even though the page says it does). So everytime I need to refresh the page, I also have to set again the “hide spacing”, but only after I have previously set “show spacing”, because like I said, the page believes it is hiding spaces, but it is not. So basically, I need to refresh, then unset the hide spacing, then set the hide spacing again.

I’m really sorry to hear this is giving you trouble! Has this been a problem for a while now, or is it something that is new?

By the way, one of the next big projects we’re looking at tackling is Asian languages, by both improving the interface for these languages and adding additional resources that will hopefully make these languages more accessible to new learners on LingQ.

for the “hide spacing” problem, I just noticed it. I haven’t been using this for a long time. To reproduce, just set “hide spacing”, then refresh. The spaces are back.

Good to hear you will keep improving the system!