More Hangouts, more languages

That’s great Vera, and I am also looking forward.

For me Saturday 17:00 h CET is an excellent time proposal. I will be there! I am looking forward to a hangout where I can listen, talk and interact and I find it very interesting to meet people whom I only know from their written posts at LingQ or their podcast voices.

Fasulye

My German is sadly not good enough to take part but I’ll listen with great pleasure to all of you on YouTube!! This will be very interesting.

That’s 4pm London time? As long as my kids aren’t kicking off I’ll be there.

I think I can also be there on Saturday at 5pm.

Most likely I’ll follow the next hangout in German, too. As I don’t have a web cam I can’t actively take part in the conversation, but I’ll surely listen to it (maybe it’s possible to make written comments during the hangout?).

During the live broadcast of the hangout on Steve’s You Tube channel you can make written comments on You Yube below the video. I did this during Steve’s first hangout and my experience was that the panel disussing in the hangout is involved in their own discussion and does not interact with watchers on You Tube. So your comments will be read after the hangout took place but the people in the live discussion will be too much concentrated on the event that they almost cannot interact with people from outside. In any case that’s how it developed during Steve’s first hangout discussion in English.

Fasulye

i can make that time too! though can somebody tell me what exactly i need to do in order to participate?

Oseieh,

1. You first have to register on Google + and there you have to search Steve’s LingQ - page.

2. Then you should integrate LingQ in your circle as a friend or become a follower of LingQ.

3. On this Google Plus LingQ page you have the possibility to post that you are interested in participating in a hangout (in general or about a specific topic or in a certain language).

4. Steve will announce coming hangouts with an indication of the starting time there.

5. In such an announcement of a concrete hangout you will find the the question: Do you want to take part in this hangout? and you can choose between three options:

a. yes
b. perhaps
c. no

1. Nobody can enter a LingQ - hangout without Steve’s invitation, so you have to wait for this to access the hangout page.

Fasulye

ok cool i think i got it, though im not sure if hes “announced” the hang out yet?

If you go to the LingQ page at google+ and follow me, I will put you in the LingQ circle. I send out invitations to all members of the LingQ circle for every Hangout. I am not sure how it all works but we are learning. The next Hangout is Saturday 8 am PST in German (allowing some English I am sure) and there will be more to follow in various languages including English,

I have registered to google now, and I am following LingQ.com, but I do not see where to put a comment, but I would be really interested in hangouts, if there are anyone in the future