Modern-Standard arabic content?

Hey

I would like to ask if somebody knew if there was some MSA Content out there WITH audio. I know news is a big content source for MSA, but there’s never any audio, or it’s too advanced for me. Also, E-books with audio would be really cool. Maybe a YouTube channel in MSA or any other kind of content. I like the mini stories and Al Arabiyyah Bayna Yadayk, which is a perfect course for me since there are a lot of lessons with about 25% unknown words. But I would still like to know if there are other good resources.

Thanks.

1 Like

I am having the same problems…

Hello fellow MSA learners. After I finished the Mini Stories I started to listen to basic cartoons on YouTube:

• Pepper Pig
  • Caillou
  • Ben & Holly

None of these have subtitles so you won’t be able to import into LingQ.

The best basic Arabic YouTube ones I’ve found with subtitles to import are:

• Carl’s car wash
  • Mr Monkey
  • Treetop family

I have well over 100 YouTube channels saved which are just a bit higher than these so there are plenty of them but I do tend to sway towards the ones I can import here as I love to read. However I can’t stress enough how much my reading has improved with watching as well as reading.

Netflix is now my go to heaven for programmes with subtitles. My favourites are:

• Gigantasaurus - 105 episodes, beautifully made and a pleasure to watch
  • Deepa and Anoop
  • Storybots
  • Katie and Alexa
  • Ridley Jones
  • Not Quite Narwhal

The list goes on. If you want to be MSA pure you will have to be careful as some of the episodes do have some dialects but I don’t worry about it too much as it’s not many words that are different and I’m trying to reach the level of watching the news so if I learn a few regional words on my journey I accept this.

I’ve now progressed to Harry Potter which is in LingQ without the audio. I do have the audio which I bought online but I’m not keen on the narrator.

Last point - if I download something without audio I will autogenerate the text and listen to it. It’s definitely worth listening to.

Good luck - I hope you enjoy/get as obsessed as me!!

1 Like

Thanks, that‘s very helpful. I‘ll definetly look into those youtube channels and other stuffs. One of my end goals is to read a novel like harry potter in arabic. I was concerned there would be no audio, but buying the audio online is a great idea.

Thanks again.

I also found this channel wich has 1 hour videos in different languages inclusing arabic.
Channel: Ilustra media.

It has cc subtitles and a good audio. It was to advanced for me since I‘m new to arabic.