Me on Korean TV

A few days ago I was on a Korean TV show:

The show is one of several American Idol type shows in Korea. Hope you enjoy it. :slight_smile:

(P.S. You can view the video even if youโ€™re not signed in to Facebook)

Hi, congratulations Alex :o) nice show! We didnโ€™t know you were so talented โ€ฆ

thats awesome and inspiring.

Wow, that was awesome! I gather from the comments that those TV judge know-nothings didnโ€™t approve :frowning: Are you still in Korea? Whatโ€™s next?

Impressive, Alex! Impressive!

That is great. My brother lived in Korea for three years and barely had hello down. Heโ€™s heading back soon and Iโ€™ve been on his back about Lingq and doing something about it. This is guaranteed to inspire him.

Kudos!

Well done, Alex! Didnโ€™t know you are a great singer, too!

Cool stuff!

Great stuff Alex. and all of this after only two months of Korean on LingQ and a few singing lessons from Mark.

Absolutely amazing! You seem to be incredibly confident when speaking Korean - very, very inspiring and motivating! But have you been studying Korean really for two months only as Steve suggested or was he simply referring to two months of your studies here at LingQ (in addition to much more time of alternative studying)? I would expect years of studies before you are comfortable enough in a language to actually take part in a TV show. In any case, congratulations!

I was just joking, Robert. I though the reference to singing lessons from Mark would make that clear.

@Alex
Congratulations! it is amazing and a great motivation for language learners.

j:-)

Brilliant! Well done!

Do you usually watch Korea show?

์™€~ ํ•œ๊ตญ๋ง ์ง„์งœ ์ž˜ํ•˜์‹œ๋„ค์š”. ํ˜ผ์ž์„œ ๊ณต๋ถ€ํ•˜์…จ๋‹ค๋Š”๊ฒŒ ๋ฏฟ๊ธฐ์ง€ ์•Š์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. Uโ€™re a genius. and thanks for your interest in my country :slight_smile: ์ €๋„ ์‚ฌ์‹ค ์˜์–ด๋ž‘ ์ŠคํŽ˜์ธ์–ด ๋…ํ•™์œผ๋กœ ํ–ˆ๊ฑฐ๋“ ์š”. ์•”ํŠผ ๋ฐ˜๊ฐ‘์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค^^

mstermin, I cannot write in Korean on the computer but I can read. Please offer some discussions at LingQ in Korean, and I will sign up. I am looking for Korean native speaking tutors at LingQ!!

2 Likes

Steve. i was going to post up some discussions, but have no idea how to do it. So if you kindly teach me what to do, I will initiate the discussions. And it seems like youโ€™re very enthusiastic about learning languages. As a person who studied Spanish and English by himself, I think the process of learning a language is just the same as learning how to swim. We donโ€™t use our brain to swim, rather we use the related muscles. Just my theory. Iโ€™d like to know how you think about it. And, how many languages do u speak?

1 Like

Thanks for responding Min. Please click on the Teach button and then click on โ€œHow do I tutor on LingQ?โ€. There you can choose any of the items on the list. I look forward to discussing language learning and other subjects with you in Korean. Your swimming analogy is interesting, but there are differences. We use our brain to learn languages, for example.

Those items on the list that are relevant to creating discussions and tutoring online include the following:

How do I tutor conversations?
In advance of your scheduled conversation, open it in the My Conversations list. You will see the names of the participants and their Skype names. Add their Skype names to your contact list. At the scheduled time, start a conference call on Skype, with the participants. They will be waiting for you to call. If they are not online when you call, it is their responsibility to join in late. NB. You must have Skype installed on your computer to tutor on LingQ.

How do I create conversations or input 1 on 1 time?
On the tutor page, click Add/Edit Conversations in the sidebar. This will take you to the Calendar page where you can select the date and hours you want to tutor. You can make time available for 1 on 1 conversations or you can create Group conversations.

How do I complete a Conversation Report?
When you click on a conversation in your My Conversations list just before your scheduled start time, you will be able to open the conversation report form. Enter comments, suggested words and phrases, or mistakes into the Suggestions field, one comment per line. Enter overall comments in the Comments field and click Send Report.

How many points will I earn for tutoring conversations?
You will receive 375 points for each 15 minute conversation segment.

Can I convert my points to cash?
Yes, you can convert points into cash but you will need a minimum of 10000 points ($100) to do so.

Omg I know you!! you were on ์†๋ฐ”๋‹ฅ(Sonbadak) TV for the singing contest with Hyunwoo Sun from TTMIK!!! I was too!!

@mstermin - ํ˜ผ์ž์„œ ๊ณต๋ถ€ํ•œ๋‹ค๊ณ  ํ•˜๋ฉด ์•„๋ฌด๋„ ๋•์ง€ ์•Š๊ณ  ๊ทธ ๋™์•ˆ ์ œ๊ฐ€ ์Šค์Šค๋กœ ๋…ธ๋ ฅํ•˜๊ณ  ๋ฐฐ์› ๋‹ค๋Š” ์ƒํ™ฉ์ด ๋– ์˜ค๋ฅผ์ˆ˜ ์žˆ๋Š”๋ฐ ์‚ฌ์‹ค์€ ๊ทธ๋Ÿฐ๊ฒŒ ์•„๋‹ˆ์—์š”. ์—ญ์‹œ ๋‹ค๋ฅธ ์‚ฌ๋žŒ์˜ ๋„์›€์„ ๋ฐ›์œผ๋ฉด์„œ ๋ฐฐ์› ๋Š”๋ฐ ๋Œ€๋ถ€๋ถ„ ์ œ๊ฐ€ ์ž์œ ์‹œ๊ฐ„์— ํ˜ผ์ž์„œ ๊ณต๋ถ€ํ•˜๋Š”๊ฑฐ๊ณ  ๋‚˜๋จธ์ง€๋Š” ์นœ๊ตฌ๋“คํ•˜๊ณ  ๋‹ค๋ฅธ ์‚ฌ๋žŒ๋“คํ•˜๊ณ  ์ด์•ผ๊ธฐํ•˜๋ฉด์„œ ๋ฐฐ์šฐ๋Š” ๊ฒƒ์ด์˜€์–ด์š”~ ์ €๋Š” ๋Œ€๋‹จํ•œ ์‚ฌ๋žŒ์ด ์•„๋‹ˆ๊ณ  ๊ทธ๋ƒฅ ์—ด์‹ฌํžˆ ๋…ธ๋ ฅํ•˜๊ณ  ์˜ค๋žซ๋™์•ˆ ํฌ๊ธฐํ•˜์ง€ ์•Š๊ณ  ๊พธ์ค€์ด ๋ฐฐ์šฐ๋Š” ์‚ฌ๋žŒ ๋ฟ์ด์—์š”^^ ์•”ํŠผ ์ €๋„ ๋งŒ๋‚˜์„œ ๋ฐ˜๊ฐ€์›Œ์š”!

@Ariellaellaella - Wow, very cool to hear that! When were you on the show? If you can, post some links to the sections where you appeared :slight_smile: