Many unknown words?

For example, the following article has many unknown words on Ling Q lesson page.

Lancement mondial de Windows 7, le nouveau système d’exploitation de Microsoft
Windows 7, le nouveau système d’exploitation de Microsoft, a été lancé aujourd’hui sur le marché mondial.
Il s’agit de la première mise à jour en 3 ans.
Dans le quartier d’Akihabara, ce jeudi à Tokyo, de longues files d’attente se sont déployées à l’entrée des boutiques d’informatique.
D’après les concepteurs, ce nouveau système permet un démarrage et des opérations plus rapides. La version 2009 offre par ailleurs un écran tactile.
De nouveaux modèles d’ordinateurs intégrant Windows 7 ont été lancés ce jeudi par les fabricants japonais, qui espèrent voir le marché se redresser.

Why are all the following words new words?

d’exploitation
d’Akihabara
d’ordinateurs

I am too tired to change each text by myself every time, for example put a space between two letters; d’exploitation–>> d’ explotation. I have been waiting for the word calculating system for long time. Could you look it up, please?

I have been waiting for a new word calculating system for long time. Could you look it up, please?

Shigeharu, every different form of a word on LingQ is considered a new word. Once you indicate that word as Known one time it will no longer appear as New again. You don’t need to change them. We can look at what else can be done here to deal with apostrophes in French but in the meantime, please just make them Known and move on.

Thaks for your answer, but for now I am going to put automaticly a space for every “l’”, “d’”, etc, using a notepad reserch system.

I was not entirely happy with this solution for French either, but I now think it is an acceptable solution for the time being. With all of the things that we have to do, it is inevitable that some solutions will create some inconvenience in certain languages. I think that we can revisit this later, but in the meantime we have no choice to but to focus on other areas. I am glad you have found a work around solution Shigeharu.

I recommend that most learners just accept the compromise solution that a word with an apostrophe is another word, just like different case in German or French represents a new word. The statistics are valuable as relative indicators, not so much as absolute indicators. For example I “know” 50,000 words in Russian, but that probably equates to 10-15,000 words in English.

There are some French words and expressions that have to include the apostrophe. d’ores et déjà, d’emblée, and there are some learners who have trouble with the use of the apostrophe, so this approach is not without its merits.