Loving LingQ

I just wanted to say that I love this app! I’ve been using it every day, and there’s always a new challenge. I’m currently focusing on learning Spanish, and dabbling a little in Polish for a future event at work. I love the simplicity of the app, it’s not too overwhelming and it hits right in what you might call the Goldilocks zone of language learning; just right! Thank you, Steve and team!

25 Likes

I love LingQ too. I’m currently learning English and I noted progress in my comprehension on the language. Thanks to Steve and all the LingQ team. I hope you continue to enjoy the app @SamanthaS

6 Likes

I just noticed the update to the iphone app where the definitions are automatically displayed without having to tap on it…

can’t begin to express how much i love this change - going to make reading on my phone so much more quicker and convenient! …at this point i use LingQ like a kindle app to read everything and using it so much has done wonders for me

5 Likes

Learning Portuguese right now and using Lingq has found me engaging like I never have in previous language courses. I think the instant definitions for reading each word helps engage/retain you in learning, compared to the complaints Steve has levied against these Graded Readers.
To give context I have taken French in K-12 as well as Latin. In college I have taken Japanese and Korean. Also I have used other programs. Anyway, I have found myself generally much more engaged with Lingq…as Steve says, the brain needs novelty. I will add that one of those programs I think will be great when my Portuguese gets better as a supplement.
Also I definitely plan to get back into Japanese then Korean after this.

4 Likes

wait. im on android. what is this feature?

1 Like

“I just noticed the update to the iphone app where the definitions are automatically displayed without having to tap on it…”

Could you elaborate? I have no idea what is meant by this but it sounds awesome.

1 Like

You go to sentence mode, then tap “Show Vocabulary” at the right hand side. This will show all yellow and blue words below the sentence, along with their definitions.

I see. Not bad but I don’t use sentence mode.