In the Greek course Νυχτερινή Παρακολούθηση κεφάλαιο 3 , the word μισάνοιχτη was spelled in the text " μις - ανοιχτή", which LingQ thought was two separate words. I thought I was being helpful by making the correction, but now the audio won’t play for that chapter of the lesson, and if I go into “edit lesson”, I see that the time points for the audio are all “0:00”. I’m guessing I made too many changes ( moving the accent, combining the two “words”, and changing the “ς” to an “σ”). Ι’m very sorry! I tried changing it back, but I was not surprised that that did not solve the audio problem. I hope I didn’t badly screw something up! What should I do?
No worries, I fixed that lesson now. Thanks for letting me know.
Thank you so much, Zoran!
In future, when I see an error, would it be best to alert Support rather than edit it myself?
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.
No worries, Feel free to make changes in future too. If you encounter any problem like this time (which is unusual), just let me know.
Hi again, Zoran.
I’m sorry to say that this same problem (audio disappearing after editing) has happened to me twice more. This time I just made small changes (added a missing accent to one, changed one letter in another). I have successfully made changes without losing the audio since we had our initial discussion, so I don’t think the cause is my computer setup, but I’m not sure, since you said this problem was unusual! Please let me know if there is something I can do on my end to prevent this from happening!
Anyway, the two lessons this time are both from A Day in the Greek:
Lesson 9 Login - LingQ
Lesson 11 Login - LingQ
Don’t worry, not much we can do here, since both audios are no longer available on “A Day in the Greek” podcast.
Thanks, Zoran. I’m sorry to hear that the audios are no longer available.
I’m thinking it makes sense to stop correcting the small mistakes I find, because I don’t want others to miss the opportunity to hear the audio of older lessons. Maybe I’ll make a note in the definitions I create, so others (and myself) are alerted to the mistake.