I create new lingqs by using the dictionary. That means I open the dictionary search, look up a definition and type it into the hint. Then I press Enter and I see “Save” occurs showing me that the hint is saved. Then I add some tags. I always create the LingQs this way.
Since yesterday about 20 percents of the newly created LingQs have no hint. I’ve checked this on the vocabulary page. (In the meantime I’ve corrected these LingQs.)I’ve worked in the French slot if this matters. I use the newest Firefox on Windows 7.
I haven’t had this problem in the last months but I remember I had this problem about a year ago. I cannot remember when it was exactly but it came with the new version of LingQ.