Lingqs of the day

Hi everybody,
I would like to know if there is a way to set Lingqs of the day to have only words with four or three stars.
Why because I have record trough my reading maybe 3000 new words and I prefer to review and learn firstly words which I 'll tend to meet or to use soon.
There are many words with one or two sars that I don’t want to learn because there are too specific.

Thanks to your help.

1 Like

Hi ! Does nobody have an answer about the above questions ?

Don’t know whether this is the answer you are looking for: on the Vocab page you can sort which level of words you want to revise. If you are not interested in low-frequency words, could you put them as Known and then you wouldn’t be bothered?

Hi SanneT, and do you think that this setting will be keep for the “Lingqs of the Day” that I receive by E-mail ?

I have no idea, but the following suggestion: Why don’t you re-post your original question on the Support Forum? That way Alex is bound to see it.

Sorry for the delay, it looks like your original post was accidentally skipped over. Thanks for following up!

There isn’t a way to just have three and four star words appear in the LingQs of the Day email. Instead, you can go to the Vocabulary page, click on “Due for Review (SRS)”, then sort by “Importance” on the right. This will show the three and four star words at the top of the list, and you can then review just these words. This list will only include words that are scheduled to be reviewed, so by sorting by importance you can skip over other one and two star words that are also scheduled to be reviewed.

In the near future we’ll also look at adding the importance stars to the blue pane so you can see the importance before you even save a word. Hope this helps!

I have read the other suggestions here, and the main thing I can add is this: You don’t have to make a LingQ out of any word you think is too specific. (Note that you can still see the meaning of it, by clicking on it, the first time you encounter the word, so you have that capability whether you want to make a LingQ or not.) Just don’t click on any of the definitions, and you won’t make the LingQ. If you don’t make LingQs out of very specific words, you won’t have them cluttering your vocab list.

Good Idea SanneT. Thanks

There’s a philosophical question here, too. In most languages, the core vocabulary is only 2000-3000 words, but educated native speakers know more like 10,000-20,000 words. Everything beyond the core vocabulary is “just” increasingly specific terms for increasingly specific concepts. So if you’re encountering a lot of specific terminology in subjects related to your areas of interest, do you really want to skip over those words? Or are they a sign that you’re developing a more complete vocabulary? Especially if you’re an intermediate or advanced learner?

Hi kewms, I only wish to learn better usual words before specific or technical words.