LingQ Lessons are still not opening

@fabricepoirette - Are you on a Chromebook? Should be fine now.

Iā€™m sorry you are so angry but we canā€™t possibly catch every bug in testing. Sure, we would like to be even better but all things take time to do and to fix and we can only do what we can.

As I said in another thread, if you have a problem, please report the problem. We donā€™t have a single bug report to track down from you. Not now nor during the beta. We can only fix problems that are reported to us.

Iā€™m not angry, i just expect to get what i pay for.

Itā€™s ok for me, iā€™m currently between moving and have all day to spend on here. What about people who only have 30 mins a day and log on to find something isnā€™t working? They lose their very valuable language learning time because of silly errors that an undergrad programming team would be able to fix within a few days.

Itā€™s poor programming and poor site management.

Iā€™m just letting you know that youā€™ve lost me as a customer due to repeated errors cropping up, solving themselves, cropping up, solving themselvesā€¦I could have just said nothing and left.

Iā€™m just giving you a heads up because there are free alternatives out there (eye tlk ee, lrnā€™n wiv txts etc) that you can do pretty much everything you can do on LingQ and yet they are bug free. Going to my other free LingQ like program to do some LingQā€™ing when iā€™m paying $10 a month to be here is unacceptable, and so i decided to stop paying you.

Just a heads up, as i say.

It is fine now on Google Chrome. Thank you very much.

I have this problem now in Firefox. If I open one of my lessons (private) from the learn menu (last opened lesson) I get the new layout but the text is loading, loading, loading ā€¦
If I open another lesson (second in the learn menu), it works.

Another problem: If I open the course from the second lesson (clicking on the course title) it leads me to a page that is empty: Login - LingQ It says ā€œLoadingā€ on the left side and had four empty lines below and it says ā€œChallengesā€ on the right side. It is a private course.
If I open the course from the learn site (Login - LingQ) it opens without problems. If I open now the lesson (that didnā€™t load from the learn menu), it loads perfectly, but in classic view. If I click then on ā€œTry new viewā€ it doesnā€™t load.

So the problem is related to the lesson.

This happened to me. The lesson was working then stopped working, and will not now work at all.

Iā€™m also on Firefox but my browser is clean as a whistle and updated with everything.

The course page issue is a bug. It will be fixed in our next update. The lesson issue is related to that lesson. Can you send me a link to that lesson so we can figure out whatā€™s causing it?

Iā€™m sorry. Iā€™ve worked on it in classic view, and now the problem is gone. Maybe platyphylla can help you with a link.

Iā€™ll let you know if I come accross this problem again.

Here is a similar example: Login - LingQ
This lesson has no blue words left.
It opens fine in Classic view but in Beta View the text is shown but the progress bar and the counters for blue and yellow words show the loading symbol. Paging is not possible too.

Thank you Vera. That lesson do not load for me too on Firefox. Iā€™ve reported it now and weā€™ll try to figure out whereā€™s the problem. Iā€™ll let you know when we have more informations about the issue.

How does it come some lessons open and some others donā€™t ? Anyway, in the russian ā€œQuestions for beginnersā€¦ā€ serie the lesson 2 What ? does not open when all other 11 lessons in this serie open well.

Hi Combiendemarins,
Are you also using FIrefox?

No. Chrome.

Do you or anybody open this lesson ?

All I get are the top blue frame with all the menus and the view settings plus options frame. Anything else is loop-downloading with no end.

Have a nice week.

That lesson doesnā€™t load for me too. It has been reported and hopefully we will figure out soon why it happens. Thanks for letting us know.

Hi Zoran,

Here is a lesson I cannot open with LingQ 4.0 ā€œNew Viewā€:

However, it works well with the classic view.

I hope that will help you to figure out what happens.

PS: I am using Google Chrome too.

Thanks fabrice,
It doesnā€™t load for me too. We are looking into the issue, thanks for helping us!

I donā€™t see the button to send answer to zoran so I answer to myself.

I managed to see the missing lesson (lesson 2) text and download the mp3.

I open lesson 3, switch to old view style, move to previous lesson and that is it.

At this point I had to swith to hover mode to get lingqing ability.

The lesson is still missing In new view mode.

@Combiendemarins - That lesson should open for you now. Try it a couple times to make sure the cache is cleared.