Lifetime Membership

So I was thinking about Accessing the Lifetime membership. Since my Chinese learning is also gonna be a lifelong journey :joy: So was wondering if it’s worth it?
And MOST IMPORTANTLY, wanted to subscribe but it’s not accepting My card. Bank card. And the PayPal option I can’t use it because PayPal isn’t valid or easily accessible in my country.

1 Like

Hi @Ozestech,

I have a Lifetime Membership in Korean and I definitely think it is worth it!

I don’t have to worry about monthly/yearly payments and I can take my time learning a challenging language without burning out.

I’m sorry your payment hasn’t been easy! I would definitely email support, and they will help you out:

1 Like

Thanks for this. I will contact them and see how it goes. Because apparently I love the format of lingQ and how it flows in it’s reading and all. And uploading stuff. It’s good for a steady ride in languages like Chinese and stuff. And I hope using it for 5 years can get me somewhere enough because I wish to head to china and study Chinese language and literature IN CHINESE TAUGHT program :joy::joy:.
But what mostly saddens me is the only one language to be used for lifetime. If it was like 3 or 2. I’d be happy. Because Korean is my next target

1 Like

As someone who pays every month for the last two years for chinese. The benefit works if you plan to be consistant for very long time to make up for the cost. If I knew I would be using lingq everyday for the last two years, I would of gotten the life time membership.

Monthly: $13 x 24 = 312
Lifetime: $199

$312 - $199 = $113.

In short, it’s worth it if you can see yourself being consistant for a long period of time or else you will forget about it.

2 Likes

That’s what happened to me with Korean lol. I didn’t use it every month but I used it enough that I just kept the subscription anyway and then two years had passed. Now I have a life time Korean membership and grabbed a Spanish one. I’m now eyeing German and Japanese /cry.

2 Likes

Makes sense yeah. I plan on heading to china in couple of years. Say 5 or 6 or more years to come and to take a course taught in Chinese which is why I plan on brushing up my Chinese at least to a fluent level. And I plan to be consistent so I’ll consider it.

1 Like

Do you learn any other Language using lingq ? … if yes then it doesn’t make Sense to take the lifetime

2 Likes

No. Currently only Chinese. Because it’s difficult to grasps

1 Like

Well you saw my post about 6 months ago regarding Korean. I am still using it for Korean almost every day (I don’t worry about my streaks unlike some users). I am considering starting Chinese and getting the lifetime for that. But I haven’t used my lifetime Japanese/Spanish hardly at all and I suspect that would be the same for Chinese. I don’t regret those purchases assuming LingQ will be around for another 20 years then even dabbling once in a while will eventually add up to it being worth it. But if you’re really into the language and are convinced that reading is key then I don’t think you’ll regret the lifetime option. I knew I probably would only dabble in Japanese and Spanish when I got those - I’m a one language at a time kind of guy and I think I’ve got a few years of Korean left in me.

1 Like

Warning: LingQ has some problems with Chinese and Japanese: they don’t have a space (a character, for computers) separating words. As a result, LingQ often clumps the wrong group of characters together into a “word”.

To me the lifetime subscription is inexpensive, compared to other products.

My only issue is that it only covers one language. Personally I study more than one, and I never know what will interest me next year. So LingQ’s gives me the ability to try out many languages, which is valuable to me.

3 Likes