Life is beautiful ......!

life is beautiful, do you agree with this concept ?
for me life is neither beautiful nor ugly, life is life. and it depends on you, to be more clear I invite you to observe how a child deal with life. look at him when he is playing with a toy, we can say that, this toy is his entire world, he is enjoying from every moment and this is the key of a happy life. if we analyse all the moments that we had a bad feeling,t we will find that we were concentrating in something either happened in past or may happen in future. and as a result we feel not OK so we lose the beauty of the moment.
life is beautiful if we can control every moment and live it in peace.

i will happy to receive your opinions as well as your corrections

thanks

Life is beautiful sometimes, definitely. And sometimes not so much. When you are sitting in a dreary waiting room for a few hours, you wonder where the beauty is. When you are stuck on the highway in traffic, you wonder the same. Yet, when you leave your house to do something as small as getting the mail, you might feel invigorated by how the air feels on that particular day, and be overcome with a feeling that life is beautiful.

“When you are sitting in a dreary waiting room for a few hours, you wonder where the beauty is”… until you realise you could be reviewing your LingQs on your iphone.

“When you are sitting in a dreary waiting room for a few hours, you wonder where the beauty is” until you start listening to your LingQ podcasts.

Wow. LingQ makes life beautiful!!

That was me today, but sadly, I have a droid, and as far as I know, there is not yet an Android application for LingQ flashcards. Am I right? I did eventually turn on my lessons, though, and listened to one of the longer ones. Sometimes I forget you don’t have to have earphones with you. If no one is sitting nearby you can just use the speakers!

yeah i agree with you, lingQs podcasts could be a very good solution to transforme a lot of waste time into learning time

Life

solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short.

Ah, you forgot over-weight and bald!

At least that’s what the media tries to tell us.

Life is, in general, beautiful. The moments that it´s seems not so beauty is generally when we are anxious or worried about something. Like ayb said, look to the children or to the animals, they simple live their lifes without thinking too much. Life is beautiful, is our minds who tries to take away the beauty.

Suffering becomes beautiful when anyone bears great calamities with cheerfulness, not through insensibility but through greatness of mind.
Aristotle

as Napoleon Hill said in his famous book - think an grow rich- : “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.”
so every one should ask himself this question, what my mind is conceiving and believing about " life" ?
if you found negative things such as what Mr “commasplice” said (solitary, poor, nasty, brutish…) I’m sorry to tell that you will achieve the same things “solitary, poor, nasty, brutish…” so if you want change your life and live a beauty life you have start from your believes about it .

This subject remembers me a beautiful movie by Frank Capra, "It’s a wonderful life! Please, Watch it. And other movie: The Hudsucker proxy by Coen. Watch it too.
Even in bad moments, life could be wonderful. Even when it occurs bad things, we can see a good reason to watch a pretty sunrise in our lifes. The only problem is finding out and figuring out where the felicity is. Perhaps, within ourselves? I believe it.

To live is a beautiful gift. I guess I have read a classic greek text, where Ulysses meets with Achilles in the world of the dead. Achilles, who is dead, tells Ulysses that when he was alive he thought that the most important thing in life was the glory and inmortality. Now, he does not think that. He, who is dead now, thinks that the most important thing in life is living, although the man lived without glory or riches or whatever other good thing. He would change the unhappy man alive on the earth

Life is beautiful because is life. Only people, who lost something, miss what they lost.
I’m gratefull to be alive, although my life wasn’t perfect.

ayb, I think commasplice was only quoting there.

The life of man, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short.
    Thomas Hobbes, "The Leviathan"
    English political philosopher (1588 - 1679)

Has anyone read The Leviathan? He is not saying that life is nasty, brutish and short. He is saying that there are some conditions which might give rise to that, however.

http://bit.ly/bUSbgd

thank you KnowltSome for the information

Yeah ayb, I was being a little tongue-in-cheek there. I have a weird sense of humor.

“life is beautiful”. It’s correct.
“life is beautiful if we can control every moment and live it in peace”.In Russia often use phrase:“Everyone is a smith his happiness.”

I think that my life is beautiful: i have my family, I am healthy, and I have my boyfriend, who is very good and loving. And what else need for people?

In my opinion u have to thank god even if u life good or bad because god who decide to do that and of course have wisdom for do that.