Librivox

I would like to offer a word of caution about Librivox. There are many great audio books offered on Librivox, and these can be great learning material for our library. However, not all the recordings are by native speakers, and not all are of good quality.

Please make sure that the person recording these texts is a native speaker before uploading to our library.

We will be making changes in the library over the next few weeks and months that will enable us all to have better control over what we see, and what stays in the library, but in the meantime, please make sure that only recordings by native speakers are shared in the library.

If you are not sure if the narrator is a native speaker, please check with one of our native speaker members, here on the forum, for example.

Steve, I know you are not talking directly to me, but anyway, in the case of “Il Giornalino di Gian Burrasca”, all the readers are native Italian speakers and the first of them has a nice Sardinian accent! I don’t think there are many other Sardinian-read lessons in the library! :slight_smile:

I listened to something recently where the reader had a lovely New Zealand accent. If I could remember what it was I would upload it, because I doubt there’s much from that part of the world in our library.