Language courses

I’m looking for enrolling in a German course in Berlin. Still I am not sure about the quality and difference between ESL, Evolanguage or DeutschAKademie.
For sure, I know that it’s better to be in contact with the inhabitants but I would like in addition to that, and a personal work with LingQ, to take a course…
Any idea?
Thanks.

Paule89 lebt in Berlin!

j;-)

I don´t know anything about these schools sorry.

But yeah, Ich bin ein Berliner, so we can hang out. ^^

I believe there is a language school in Berlin which was highly recommended by Tim Ferris? It’s name can probably be found easily enough by Herr Prof Dr Google.

(Of course, whether the opinion of Tim Ferris on these matters counts for very much is an open question…)

UPDATE:

“Hartnackschule”…that’s the one he talks about here.

School website is, again, easily found by google.

I seem to remember that Benny was able to go from something like a high B1 to something like a low B2 in three months in Berlin while studying full time at an expensive language school. However, I don’t know which school he went to and I don’t think you will find anything about it mentioned on his blog.

“But yeah, Ich bin ein Berliner”

Wir sind alle ein Berliner!

1 Like

@Colin

I have a sneaking feeling that Benny went to the same one as Mr Ferris - but I may perhaps be wrong?

BTW
Have you seen today’s news about Nigella Lawson? (No wonder her cake recipes had such fantastic icing! :-P)

@Colin " Benny was able to go from something like a high B1 to something like a low B2 in three months in Berlin while studying full time at an expensive language school."

Waaas?

Ist Benny nicht normalerweise der Typ, der innerhalb von 3 Monaten “von Null auf C1 in Chinesisch” kommt, indem er Fußgänger zutextet? ^^

@Paule

Das war eine sogenannte “Mission” von Benny, die vor etwa 3 Jahren stattgefunden ist. Er hat 3 Monate lang Kurse in einer Berliner Sprachschule besucht. Er sollte nach diesen 3 Monaten, eine C2-Prüfung bestehen - das war zumindest sein Ziel. Zunächst gab er in seinem Blog vor, ein kompletter Anfänger zu sein, doch dann hat man herausgefunden, dass er eigentlich als Schüler in Irland 4 oder 5 Jahren Deutschunterricht hatte. Dann hieß es, er habe damals so gut wie nichts in der Schule gelernt…

(Er konnte die C2-Prüfung schließlich nicht bestehen, übrigens.)

‘Sprachprofi’ hat etwas interessant über Bennys Mission heir geschrieben.

“At the start of his German mission, I met Benny and he was already speaking German conversationally without pauses. At the end of his mission, we met again and his level didn’t feel much improved.”

und

“It has been bothering me for a while that you claim to have known little German when you were in fact already conversational, knew all everyday grammar including tenses, 2000+ words of vocabulary and so on. Your mistakes were typical for a B1-B2 student”

Von Bennys Antwort, ist es klar, dass was sie geschrieben hat, die Wahrheit ist. Als ich Bennys Blog gelesen habe, habe ich gedacht, dass er Anfanger war.

Naja, ich bin gegenüber Leuten, die mich als potentiellen Kunden sehen, von Natur aus misstrauisch. Benny erzählt vermutlich “die erweiterte Wahrheit” um sich als Experte darzustellen und dementsprechend mehr von seinen Produkten zu verkaufen.

PS: @Colin, @Force

Alter Schwede, euer Deutsch ist tierisch gut! Ô.ô

Danke! :wink:

force_de_frappes Deutsch ist sicher tierisch gut, aber mein Deutsch ist noch insektisch!