Keyboard shortcut for rewinding/fast-forwarding lesson audio

Greetings, everyone.

I would like to know whether there is any possible way of rewinding and fast-forwarding the audio of a lesson in a faster and more efficient manner; that is, with the help of a keyboard shortcut, instead of having to hover my mouse over the corresponding buttons every time I wish to do so. This would be particularly useful when going through longer and more demanding texts with accompanying audio files, videos, etc.

I have tried the CTRL + X combination before, but it does not seem to work - it only ignores the word that I am scanning at a specific moment, which, ironically, only slows down the entire process. The browser I use is Google Chrome, by the way.

Is there are any other way of manipulating the lesson audio by means of a keyboard shortcut, or am I the one missing out on some detail? If not, is there any chance that this may be looked into by the LingQ Team?

Thank you in advance for your help!

2 Likes

Thanks, there seems to be an issue with the mentioned keyboard shortcut. We’ll look into it.

1 Like

OK, that is good to know. Hopefully it’ll get fixed soon.

Thank you, Zoran, for your response!

Here are keyboard shortcuts you can use to rewind/forward audio:
Use “Shift + <” and “Shift + >” to rewind/forward the audio by 5 seconds.
Use “Alt + number” to rewind audio by number of seconds.

1 Like

The first one is working just fine, thank you!

I can’t seem to make the second one work, though. If I am listening to a lesson and wish to rewind 38 seconds, for instance, do I just type “Alt + 38”? I tried doing this several times with various different numbers, but got no answer from the system…

I’ll keep trying, and I’ll notify you through this thread if I manage to get it right.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello once again.

Unfortunately, I could not get the second shortcut to work, even though I believe I have followed the instructions provided correctly.

If anyone else reads this thread, are you managing to access this shortcut? For the record, the browser I use is Google Chrome and I’m on Windows 10, if knowing that helps in any way…

Let’s make sure you are doing it properly. To use the ALT shortcut properly, you need to press and hold on ALT and then type the number 1-9 to rewind the audio by 1-9 seconds.

1 Like

OK, I got it now, finally.

Thank you, Zoran!

1 Like

Has this been fixed? Doesn’t seem to work for me either.

Yes, it should work properly. What browser are you using?

1 Like

I am using the Chrome browser on Windows 10.

I just tested on Chrome on my end and the “Shift + <” and “Shift + >” shortcut works fine, I can’t reproduce the problem. Make sure to hold Shifl and then tap < or > to rewind/forward the audio by 5 seconds.

Is there a way to get the text to move with the audio. Or to mark where it is. The separate function for that doesn’t record words as “words read”.

That’s not possible at the moment, i am afraid.

1 Like

There is a confusion here on the question maybe.
Just to clarify:
I am trying to rewind and forward the audio in the Page view.
Alt + x (x for number of seconds) does not seem to work.

“Shift + <” and “Shift + >” moves the page back and forth. (This functionality is working as expected)

@zoran

Yes, the Shift + <> words, other shortcut (ALT) is no longer functional.