Keeping italic text on imported books

Hi everyone! I’m new to LingQ and I’m having an issue.

I’ve imported a couple of books and I noticed that LingQ imports all the content as plain text. However, there are some paragraphs that should be italic, and I haven’t found a way to make it keep the italic text.

If it helps, I tried importing .pdf and .epub books, with the same results. Is there something I’m missing or is it not possible to do this on LingQ? Thanks!

Edit: Another question: is there a way to make LingQ create the lessons based on the book’s chapters? I’ve noticed that it simply divides the text into same-sized chunks and it’s not very useful.

Unfortunately, you have to do it manually in both instances. For the italics, go into “edit lesson”, select the passages you want to keep in italics and press the i icon.

Automatic imports split the text by chunks of 6000 words. If, like me, you want your course divided by chapters, the only solution is to copy/paste each chapter manually. One caveat though: if one of your chapters is over 6000 words, it will be divided into two parts.

This is a bit tedious and I hope further improvements are made in the future.

2 Likes

I was hoping there was a better way, but I guess we’ll have to wait for some improvements. Thank you for the answers!