Japanese language text to speech broken on PC

Hello,
Sometimes on Feb 22 2024, the Japanese language text to speech stopped working on the PC web version of LingQ. Despite having Auto-TTS on for all the review activities, it doesn’t auto-play (even on dictation), requiring to click on the ‘speaker’ icon to play the audio.

Furthermore, on other review activities, the audio simply doesn’t play at all, even after clicking on it. The example sentences do play back however.

Other languages I tried looked fine as far as I know.
Any idea what happened and how to fix this?
Thanks!
JF

7 Likes

Hi! I’m also having a similar issue but for me all the Auto-TTS work except for when I click on individual words/lingsq, clicking the speaker icon does not help in this case. Again reviewing, or playing the whole sentence does work. Best,

edit: specifically for Japanese, other languages it does work

3 Likes

I’m having the same problem

4 Likes

I’ve had the same issue, started out of nowhere last night (Feb 22, 2024). German and hindi work fine, but Japanese wont work no matter what setting and i even tried changing browsers.

4 Likes

Thanks, we will look into it.

3 Likes

The problem of Japanese language text to speech seems to be still unable to work well, do you guys still have this problem and i wonder when will it be fixed

3 Likes

I have the same issue when the transliteration is turned on for Hiragana. When it is off it works as normal.

1 Like

We are still working on it. Will let you know as soon as it’s fixed.

1 Like